If you are experiencing issues and crashes while using WhatsApp on your Android device, you are most likely using an outdated version of the app. WhatsApp releases occasional updates for its app to fix existing issues and bugs through these updates. In this article, you are going to learn the best ways to update WhatsApp without Play Store on your Android device.
Ways to Update WhatsApp without Play Store on Android
Before learning the various methods to update WhatsApp on your Android device, you should familiarize yourself with the common issues that users often face while updating WhatsApp app update.
That being said, let’s take a look at the best ways to update WhatsApp on your Android device and fix these issues.
Download the latest version of WhatsApp from the official website
If you have any problems updating the application from Google Play Store, you must manually download and install the latest version of WhatsApp from the official website of the application. Follow these steps to achieve this.
- Open Google Chrome or any other web browser on your phone and navigate to the WhatsApp official website to download the latest file.
- Tap the Download Now button to download the latest WhatsApp file.
- Once the download is complete, tap on the downloaded file to start installing it.
- Make sure that installation from unknown sources is enabled on your device to install WhatsApp using this method.
Use third-party websites to download and update WhatsApp
Some Android users have reported issues while using the Google Play Store app on their Android device to install apps. In such a scenario, you can choose from various other play store alternatives to download and install your favorite Android apps including WhatsApp. One such popular alternative is ApkPure Store.
- Open a web browser on your phone and download the ApkPure Store application.
- Tap on the downloaded file and tap on the Install button to install ApkPure Store on your device.
- Provide the necessary application access permissions.
- Type WhatsApp in the search bar at the top of the page to access the application page.
- Press the Update button to update WhatsApp on your Android device.
- There it’s done. You have successfully updated WhatsApp on your device.
Bonus tip: Update Google Play Store to automatically detect new WhatsApp updates
If you are unable to detect and download new WhatsApp updates on your Android device, it may indicate a problem with the Google Play Store app itself. To fix this issue, you need to update your Play Store app on the phone to start getting timely updates for your installed apps including WhatsApp again. Follow this step-by-step guide to update your Google Play Store app to the latest version.
Use Google Play Store to update WhatsApp on Android
One of the easiest methods to update WhatsApp is to check and download all available updates from your phone’s Google Play Store Android. Follow these simple steps for a quick fix.
- Open the Google Play Store on your device.
- Search WhatsApp in the search bar at the top of the application.
- If WhatsApp has released new updates for its app, you will see the Update button.
- Tap the Update button to update WhatsApp on your Android device.
That’s it for the top 3 ways to update WhatsApp on your Android phone. If this article helped you solve your problems with WhatsApp, please hit the “Like” button and share this article with your friends to help them too. Stay tuned for more informative readings.