The popular social audio chat platform Clubhouse was initially only available for iPhone users. Later it came to Android. However, we still don’t have an official version of the Clubhouse app for desktop computers, which might disappoint people who want to access the platform on their laptop or desktop. But that doesn’t make it impossible. Here are three easy ways to use the Clubhouse app on your Mac or Windows PC.
Download, install and use the Clubhouse on PC (Mac or Windows)
With hundreds and thousands of listeners signing up, it becomes difficult for moderators to manage rooms, especially on small screens of mobile devices. That’s why they prefer to use Clubhouse on the big screen of their PC.
At the same time, some people prefer to listen or speak in rooms directly from their PC. And fortunately, it is quite possible. Below are three different ways to use Clubhouse on your computer’s big screen.
Method 1: Using Clubdeck
Clubdeck is an unofficial desktop client for the Clubhouse application. It lets you access the Clubhouse app on your Windows or Mac computer with just a few clicks. It also offers special functions for moderators to effectively moderate the room.
- Visit the Clubdeck website on your browser.
- Download the Clubhouse desktop application for Windows or Mac.
- Once downloaded, run the installer and complete the installation.
- Open the application, enter your number and click Submit.
- Enter the OTP and press Submit.
You can now use the Clubhouse application on your PC without any problem. With Clubdeck, you can do just about anything you do on the Clubhouse mobile app, with the additional features mentioned below.
- Use a professional microphone for better audio quality.
- Reroute audio using software like Loopback or Blackhole.
- Play custom sounds and jiggles from local files or YouTube.
- Save and repost the Clubhouse room on social media.
- Get real-time information about the audience.
- Set up a backchannel chat to coordinate live with the co-moderators.
- Use shortcuts to navigate and moderate Clubhouse like a pro, and more.
Method 2: BlueStacks or iMazing
Windows users can use BlueStacks, a popular Android emulator for PC, to install and run Clubhouse on their computer.
- To get started, download BlueStacks on your PC from the official website.
- Run the installer and wait for it to complete the installation.
- Now click on Play Store and sign in with your Google account.
- Then search “Clubhouse” in Play Store. Install Clubhouse on PC using BlueStacks.
- Install and open the app. If you’re a new user, tap “Get your username” Use Clubhouse on PC with BlueStacks.
- If you already have an account, log in with your mobile number and your OTP.Clubhouse on PC with BlueStacks
That’s it. Now you can enjoy Clubhouse on your PC without any problem. The app will work just like on an Android phone.
The interface will be in landscape mode, which will give you more space and greater ease of use. And don’t worry, there won’t be any lags or freezes: BlueStacks 5 consumes less resources and benefits from improved performance and responsiveness.
iMazing (for Mac M1 users)
iMazing is a versatile application that allows you to transfer iOS data and backup your iPhone, iPad and iPod. But, in this case, we just need it to download and install the Clubhouse app on a Mac machine.
If you are on a Mac computer equipped with the M1 chip, you can use the iMazing application to run Clubhouse on your Mac computer.
- Download iMazing software on your Mac fromHERE.
- Once downloaded, double click on the DMG file and complete the installation.
- Open iMazing and press Continue Trial when asked for a license.
- From the top menu, select Configurator > Library > Apps.Clubhouse on Mac
- Click the Add from App Store button at the bottom.
- Search Clubhouse and download the app. Sign in to your Apple account when prompted.
- The application must be installed on your iPhone or iPad before being installed on your Mac.Clubhouse on Mac
- Once installed, the application appears in the Apps tab of iMazing. Right click on the app and press Export IPA.
- Select the desired destination, for example the desktop, and export the application. Clubhouse on Mac
- Install the Clubhouse application by double-clicking on the IPA file. It will then appear in the Applications folder or in the launch bar.
- Open it and log in to your Clubhouse account.
- Join the rooms to see if everything is working fine, including audio and microphone.
Method 3: Using Android Studio
Android Studio is generally used by developers to test and develop applications. However, you can use it to emulate a real Android device on your computer, where you can run any app, including Clubhouse.
- Download and install Android Studio on your PC.
- Launch Android Studio from the Start menu.
- Click on Configure and select AVD Manager.
- A new window opens, click on the Create Virtual Device button.
- Select Pixel 3 from the list and click Next.
- Then select the version of Android on which you want to run the application, then click Next twice.
- Your AVD will be created, click on the Play button next to it.
- The AVD will start working in another window.
- Once the emulator is launched, log in to your Google account and install the application from the Google Play Store.
- Once you have successfully launched an Android virtual device, open the Play Store and sign in with your Google account.
- Search Clubhouse and install it normally.
- If you are a new user, click on “Get your Username”.
- If you already have a Clubhouse account, log in with your mobile number and your OTP.
That’s all. The Clubhouse app will work on both your PC and Android phone. Make sure your computer’s microphone is working properly.
Can I use Clubhouse on multiple devices?
No. You cannot use Clubhouse on multiple devices at the same time. When you sign in with your Clubhouse account on your desktop computer or any other phone, you will automatically be signed out of the previous device.
So if you have multiple devices, you will have to go through the OTP verification every time you want to use it on another device.
Here are three easy ways to install and use the Clubhouse application on your PC, whether it is Mac or Windows. You can either use the unofficial Clubdeck client or use Clubhouse through emulators like BlueStacks or Android Studio. Give it a try and let me know your experience in the comments below.