Since its launch, YouTube Shorts has achieved massive success, surpassing 5 trillion views in a short time. Although it introduced a variety of captivating content for the viewers, some of them turned out to be really worthy of downloading. If you are wondering how to download YouTube Shorts on different devices, you have come to the right place.
Top 5 Ways to Download Shorts from YouTube on Android, iPhone and PC
Here we bring you top five ways to download Shorts from YouTube on Android, iPhone and PC.
Use the native YouTube app to download Shorts from YouTube
The YouTube app for Android has a built-in feature to download and save any YouTube Shorts video for viewing later. Here’s how you can do the same:
- Open the YouTube app and locate the Short of your choice in the app.
- Next, tap the channel icon in the lower left corner.
- Also, tap on the YT channel name at the top and switch to the Videos tab to find the short video you were playing.
- Tap on the three dots icon next to the video you found and tap on the Download Video option to download and save the video in your app.
- Choose from the available quality settings and press the Download button to confirm your action.
- Once downloaded, you can access your downloaded YT Shorts by tapping the Library tab in the lower right corner.
- Tap on Downloads option to view all downloaded Shorts in YouTube app.
Note that all downloaded YT Shorts videos will only be accessible in the YouTube app. If there is no active internet connection on your device for 29 days, downloaded videos will be automatically deleted from the app.
Use TubeShorts app to download short videos
In addition to the native YouTube app, you can use several free third-party Android apps to easily download any short video from YouTube. Follow these simple steps to achieve this:
- Open Google Play Store on your Android device and search for “Tube Shorts Downloading” app to install it.
- Copy the link of the desired YT shorts video by tapping on the Share button and tapping on the Copy Link option.
- Now open the installed application and paste the copied URL in the first search field. Tap the search icon to open the desired video.
- Then press the Download button to download the chosen YT Shorts video.
- The video you selected will be downloaded instantly and saved on your Android device in the downloads folder. You can watch it later using any media player or gallery app on your phone.
Unlike Android, the YouTube app for iOS does not offer a native feature to download a YouTube Shorts video on its app. However, there are other free and effective alternatives to easily download these videos to your device. That being said, let’s take a closer look at two of these methods.
Use Any Video Saver app to download Shorts from YouTube
Any Video Saver app is one of the popular iOS apps which offers grab and download any video from internet for watching later . Luckily, this app also works perfectly for downloading YT Shorts. Here is how you can use this app to your advantage:
- Open Apple App Store on your iPhone and search for Any Video Saver app to install it.
- Next, open the YouTube app and copy the link of the short video of your choice by tapping on the Share button and the Copy link option.
- Then open the installed app and tap the + icon under the video section to add a new video to your app collection.
- Tap on the Copied Link option to paste the previously copied link into the app to grab the video.
- Wait for a few seconds and hit the Download button to download the selected YT Short video to your iPhone.
- Press the Save button to confirm your action.
- There it’s done. You have successfully downloaded your desired YT Shorts video and you can watch it anytime using this app on your iOS device.
Use online tools to watch and download YT Shorts Shorts
Another easy way to download YouTube Shorts to your iPhone is to use the online tools to export the desired video to your device and then download it. view in the Photos app. That being said, let’s see in detail the steps of this operation.
- Copy the link to your YT Shorts video by tapping on the Share button and Copy Link option.
- Next, open the tool YouTube Shorts Downloader on any web browser of your iPhone and paste the copied link in the search box.
- Wait a few seconds to let the tool grab the desired video.
- Choose your desired video quality and hit Get Link button to download selected YT Shorts video to your device.
- Press the Download button to confirm your action.
- Now locate the Downloads tab of your browser and open the downloaded video to play it.
- Tap the share icon in the lower left corner and tap save video to export the downloaded video to your Photos app.
- There it’s done ! You can now watch the downloaded short video in your iPhone’s Photos app.
Use Shortsnoob website to download Shorts from YouTube
As for smartphones, you can download your favorite YT Shorts videos to your desktop through free online tools, without having to install or pay high prices for subscription/software. Here’s how you can do it:
- Open a new tab on your web browser and go to the Shortsnoobwebsite.
- Then go to your favorite YT Shorts video on Youtube by clicking on the Shorts tab and pressing the Share button.
- Then press the Copy button to copy the URL of the current Shorts video.
- Now paste the copied URL into the previously opened Shortsnoob website and hit the search button.
- Choose the desired quality and press the corresponding Download button to download it to your PC.
Congratulation ! You have successfully downloaded your favorite YT Shorts video to your PC using this method. Double-click the downloaded file to play it in your default media player application on your PC.
Q1: Is there an application to download YouTube Shorts videos on the smartphone?
Yes, you can use TubeShorts app on Android or Any Video Saver app on your iPhone to easily download any YouTube Shorts video.
Q2: Can you save a YouTube Shorts video to your playlist?
Yes, you can quickly save any YouTube Shorts video to Watch Later Playlist or Custom Playlist. To do this, tap on the three-dot icon next to your Shorts video and tap on the Save to Watch Later option.
Q3: How to save a short video to your phone gallery?
To save YouTube Shorts video to your phone gallery, you can use the above mentioned methods to download it via free third-party apps.
Q4: Is downloading YouTube Shorts safe?
Yes, downloading a YouTube Shorts video is completely safe as long as you keep it for your personal use. Any infringement, such as commercial use without attribution, will result in copyright issues.
This is the conclusion of the top 5 ways to download YouTube Shorts videos to your Android phone, iPhone or PC using the methods listed above. If this guide helped you accomplish the same, then hit the like button and share this guide with your friends to help them too.