The Blackvue DR770X Box is an exciting new product that offers a three-channel system, including a front camera, interior camera, and rear camera. But what sets it apart from other dash cams? Let’s explore its features, performance, and whether it’s worth your investment.
Design and Features: A Closer Look
The Blackvue DR770X Box is unique in that all three cameras are remote lenses, separate from the DVR. This design makes it one of the most secure dash cameras Blackvue has ever made.
- Front Camera: Equipped with a microphone and speaker, it provides higher quality voice alerts.
- Interior Camera: Features infrared lights, allowing recording inside the car day or night.
- Rear Camera: Simple design with a recording LED light.
- DVR: Can be installed in the glove box or under the seat, with a security device to lock all plugs.
All three cameras are 1080p, which might be a drawback for some users. However, the thin coaxial cables make installation easier.
Installation and Setup: User-Friendly Experience
- GPS Unit: Since the DVR might be hidden, an external GPS can be wired to the dashboard.
- 4G LTE Module: Allows connection to the cellular network for constant cloud access.
The Bluetooth button included is quite large, and the video quality might not be up to par with some competitors. However, the night video quality is decent, and the infrared lights ensure clear interior recording.
Cloud Features: Industry-Leading Service
Blackvue is known for its cloud services, and the DR770X Box is no exception. With the 4G LTE module, you can get notifications, watch saved clips, and view a live stream around your car.
- Fleet Management: Fleet managers can check driving safety scores and use two-way communication.
- Parking Mode: Features automatic buffered parking mode and time-lapse option for high traffic areas.
Blackvue Cloud is free for one camera, with different plans available for multiple cameras or fleet plans.
Performance and Usability: Pros and Cons
The Blackvue DR770X Box is a step in the right direction, with great features and cloud capabilities. However, there are areas for improvement:
- Unique three-channel system with remote lenses.
- Industry-leading cloud features.
- Secure design with locked DVR and cables.
- Great parking mode options.
- Only 1080p video quality.
- Lack of newer image sensors like the starvis 2.
- Large Bluetooth button.
Conclusion: Should You Buy the Blackvue DR770X Box?
The Blackvue DR770X Box offers a unique and secure solution for those looking for a three-channel dash cam. Its cloud features are unmatched, and the design ensures maximum security.
However, the video quality might not meet everyone’s expectations, and the large Bluetooth button could be a minor inconvenience. If these are not deal-breakers for you, the Blackvue DR770X Box could be a worthwhile investment.