Facebook is a widely-used social media platform with over 2.2 billion users. As a user, you likely have a wealth of personal information and content, such as posts, photos, and videos, stored on the platform. It’s important to know that you can easily download a copy of all of this information for your records, and that Facebook has recently made the process much simpler.
To download a copy of all of your Facebook data, you can use the built-in feature on the platform. This allows you to quickly and easily backup your photos, videos, and other information without the need for any third-party tools or software. This is a great way to ensure that you always have a copy of your information, even if your account is deleted or compromised.
Additionally, you may wish to download your data and delete your account permanently. This is a simple process and we can guide you through the steps.
To get started, first log in to your Facebook account. Then, go to the settings menu and select the option to download a copy of your data. Follow the prompts to choose the information that you want to download, such as your posts, photos, and videos. Once you have made your selections, Facebook will begin to create a download file for you. Once the file is ready, you can download it to your computer and keep it for your records.
It is recommended to schedule your download backup of your Facebook data at regular interval and take the advantage of this built-in feature to keep all your personal information safe and secure.
Why do you need to download your Facebook data?
There are many reasons and situations where we have to be a step ahead and back up all your Facebook data. Some of the reasons include:
- If you back up the data, you can print a copy or email a picture to someone when you can’t immediately access your social media account.
- Moreover, backup is also useful if you want to switch to a different website or if you need to change or delete your account.
- There may be a situation when you forget a password and can’t access your photos, then you can use the backup that is saved on your computer.
What are the steps to backup Facebook data like photos, videos, messages, and more?
- First, you need to log into your Facebook account.
- Click on the arrow in the top right and then select “ Settings ” in the drop-down menu.
- After that, you will be redirected to the Facebook settings page. From the right panel, choose the ” Your Facebook Information ” option.
- Here it will display different options for you on the left side. Now you need to click on “ View ” to download your information.
- In the next step, you need to select New File option and also choose a date range (all my data), type the format either HTML format or JSON format (we recommend HTML) and Medium quality (High, Medium and Low). If you want the best results, choose high quality.
- Next, you can select what you want to download by adding or removing data categories as per your preference by clicking on the boxes on the left side of Facebook. For example, the list of categories may include posts, comments, photos, videos, friends, followers, messages, profile information, stories, pages, search history, call history, call logs, locations, etc.
- Finally, click on the “ Create File ” button.
You will not receive the download immediately instead, you will be notified that ” Your file is under construction “. We’ll let you know when it’s complete.
So, you have to wait a few hours or days to receive an email from Facebook that the password-protected download is ready on your Facebook Mobile or desktop browser and then you can download it to your favorite device.
On the other hand, you can also cancel the download by going to the “ Available Files ” section and clicking on the “ Cancel ” button as shown in the image below.
How to download your data on Facebook?
- After a few days, Facebook sends you a link to download the file. Once you click on the link, it takes you back to your Facebook account where you are asked again to re-enter your Facebook password.
- Now again, you need to go to the Available Files section and click on the Download button to download or save a backup of the selected items as a zip (zip) file on your computer. That’s it.
- You now have a backup of all your Facebook data, so if you want to delete or deactivate your Facebook account, you can dispense with any fears of losing your data.
I hope the article was helpful, and if you have any questions or comments related to Facebook, let us know in the comments section below.