Are you a community manager and would you like to download a royalty-free Dailymotion video to republish on your Facebook page to get better reach? Just want to record a video for personal use? Here is a simple procedure that will allow you to download any video shared on Dailymotion in just a few clicks in 2023.
If to download a Facebook video, different means are available to Internet users, to download a Dailymotion video, the number of possibilities available is much more limited. Here’s how.
Reminder: copyright also applies to videos broadcast on Dailymotion, make sure you have the agreement of the owners before downloading and broadcasting videos from Dailymotion.
How to download a Dailymotion video with Mozilla Firefox from a Mac or Windows PC?
1- Go to Mozilla Firefox
To begin, go to a laptop PC, a Mac or a Windows desktop PC, the procedure cannot be carried out from a smartphone or tablet.
If you haven’t already, download and install Mozilla Firefox on your PC or Mac (this is an open source web browser competing with Edge and Google Chrome).
2- Download and install Video DownloadHelper
Once in Firefox, install the Mozilla Video DownloadHelper extension . This extension will help you download any Dailymotion video afterwards.
To add it to your Firefox browser, simply click on “Add to Firefox” then “Install”.
This extension is used by more than 4 million people, so it is very reliable.
3- Go to the Dailymotion video you want to download
Once the extension is installed on your Firefox browser, all you have to do is go to Dailymotion and the video you want to save on your computer or Mac (of course, before downloading any Dailymotion video, make sure sure you have the right to do so).
4- Download and save Dailymotion video in 3 clicks
After installing the Firefox extension presented above, a new icon will appear at the top right of your Mozilla Firefox window.
When the extension detects the presence of videos in the page, it will automatically activate and become colored.
Once on the URL of a video, the procedure is very simple to download it entirely:
- Click on the Video DownloadHelper icon
- Choose the format that seems most relevant to you (generally MP4) then click on the arrow that will appear on the right
- Then click on “Download”: this click will open a window that will ask you where to save the Dailymotion video (you can also click on “Quick Download” if you know where the folder dedicated to videos downloaded with Video DownloadHelper is located.
- Choose the location where to save the Dailymotion video then click on “Save”
- The download of the video will start automatically and you will only have to wait a few minutes to find the video in the previously selected folder
How to download a Dailymotion video with Google Chrome and without software?
If you are not using Mozilla Firefox, but also want to use the above procedure to download the Dailymotion video you want, you just need to install the Video DownloadHelper extension which is also available on Google Chrome .
Download a DailyMotion video without extension: 2 sites to get videos easily
We saw above that it was possible to download Dailymotion videos with extensions for different browsers.
But, if you don’t feel like the hassle of installing this, there are other alternatives as well. Indeed, you can find many sites that make it very easy, in a few clicks, to download the videos available online on the Dailymotion site.
1 – All In One Downloader to Convert Dailymotion Videos to MP4
This first site is a must for online video download sites. Not only will it allow you to get videos available on Dailymotion, but also on various other known sites. We find in particular Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Vimeo, TikTok and many others.
To proceed, it is very simple. First get the URL of the selected video you want to get. Then, copy this link in the dedicated bar on the site. Then all you have to do is click on the little download button.
This is valid on this site, but also on almost all tools, some videos cannot be downloaded. Indeed, due to certain geographical restrictions by the owner or for copyright concerns, some videos are not accessible everywhere in the world. For this reason, you may not be able to convert some videos to MP4.
2 – Download videos: the site to download videos online
As for the Dailymotion video download space, it works very simply. When you arrive on the page in question, just paste the video link in the text field dedicated to it. Then you just have to click on the download icon.
Thanks to this site, downloading online videos becomes a piece of cake.
The service is compatible with all networks and social media: YouTube, TikTok, Twitch, Facebook, etc.
FAQ: What should you know about Dailymotion?
How to download the Dailymotion app for free?
Downloading the Dailymotion app is easy and free:
- Open your device’s app store, such as Play Store for Android and App Store for iOS devices.
- Search for “Dailymotion”
- Select the official app and click download . The download will start immediately.
- Once downloaded, you can open and log in to the app.
You can then browse an unlimited range of videos, both free and premium, to watch at your leisure.
What is the difference between YouTube and Dailymotion?
YouTube and Dailymotion are two popular video hosting sites, but there are distinct differences between them.
YouTube is the world’s largest video-sharing platform, delivering billions of hours of media to viewers. Owned by Google, it emphasizes ease of use and quality content.
Dailymotion, on the other hand, offers a different range of services than YouTube; it provides more advertising opportunities and ensures that its users can access their videos wherever they are.
While YouTube relies heavily on user-generated content, Dailymotion also has its own library of licensed professional content as well as premium channels. They both offer a wide range of topics including news, entertainment, sports, and more.
Finally, the two sites have different rules when it comes to copyright infringement:
- YouTube uses Content ID to protect copyrighted material
- Dailymotion provides takedown notices for copyright infringement.
How to post a video on Dailymotion?
Uploading a video to Dailymotion is a very simple process:
- Create an account on the website and log in.
- Locate the “Upload” button and click on it.
- You will be directed to the “Video Upload” page where you can upload your video . You can either drag and drop the file or select it from its location on your computer.
- Once your video has been uploaded, you can add details such as title, description, tags, and category. You also have the option to make a video public or private, depending on your preference.
- Once everything is set up correctly, click the “Publish” button and wait for your video to finish processing before reaching its audience!