Have you ever wondered how to keep track of key moments while driving? The Garmin Dash Cam Mini 2 might be the answer. In this review, we’ll explore the features, installation process, and functionalities of this compact device. Let’s get started!
Unboxing and Features
- Compact Design: Smaller than a car key, the Garmin Dash Cam Mini 2 is easy to carry and install.
- 1080p Camera: With a 140-degree viewing angle, it captures clear and detailed footage.
- Voice Commands: You can control the device using voice commands like “Okay Garmin, take a photo” or “Okay Garmin, save video.”
- Continuous Recording: It records continuously and overwrites old files when the SD card is full, but you can save specific videos.
- Parking Guard: Monitors your parked vehicle and alerts you if an impact is detected.
- Vault Storage: Offers cloud storage for your videos, with a subscription service for extended storage.
- Night Vision: Provides clear footage even at night, thanks to the headlights.
Setting Up and Installation
- App Setup: Download the Garmin Drive app and follow the instructions to connect the device.
- Mounting: Comes with a sticky tab to mount on the windshield, and cables can be hidden easily.
- Powering: Needs to be plugged into the power outlet and shows a red light when recording.
- Optional Power Pack: For continuous recording while parked, you can use a power pack.
Using the Garmin Dash Cam Mini 2
- Recording: Starts recording as soon as the car is powered on and continues until it’s turned off.
- Saving Videos: Use the save button or voice command to save a 30-second clip.
- Viewing and Downloading: Use the Garmin Drive app to view, trim, export, and save videos and photos to your phone.
- Adjusting Settings: You can adjust exposure, incident detection sensitivity, resolution, parking guard settings, and more.
- Voice Control: Responsive voice detection allows hands-free control.
Pros and Cons
- High Quality: Offers 1080p quality with smooth camera footage.
- User-Friendly: Simple to install and use, with an intuitive app interface.
- Versatile Functionality: Voice commands, continuous recording, parking detection, and more.
- Subscription for Extended Storage: Requires a subscription for storing videos in the Vault for more than 24 hours.
- Continuous Power Requirement: Needs continuous power for some features like parking detection.
Conclusion: Is the Garmin Dash Cam Mini 2 Worth It?
The Garmin Dash Cam Mini 2 is a powerful and compact device that offers a wide range of features. From continuous recording to voice commands and parking guard, it provides a comprehensive solution for drivers.
The quality of the camera, both during the day and night, is impressive. The app is user-friendly, and the installation process is simple. However, the need for continuous power for some features and the subscription requirement for extended storage might be considerations for some users.
If you’re looking for a reliable dash cam that offers quality recording, easy access to videos, and additional features like parking detection, the Garmin Dash Cam Mini 2 could be an excellent choice.