Quick answer: You can simply add your own GIF stickers to TikTok by browsing the app’s sticker collection and choosing what you like for videos, or by creating a GIPHY creator account and by uploading the GIFs there.
How to add your GIF to TikTok
In this article, we will guide you step by step on how to add your own GIF stickers on TikTok. Without further ado, let’s take full advantage of this feature to make your videos go viral on TikTok!
Step 1: Download or create your own GIF stickers from GIPHY.com
GIPHY.com is an unlimited source of GIFs and stickers online. It also has a wide variety of clips, emojis, texts, and more. All of these are on a mission to make your online interaction more user-friendly and engaging.
Most importantly, GIPHY.com collaborates with TikTok, Facebook, Instagram and other social media platforms. Therefore, your GIF stickers must be created or uploaded to GIPHY.com before being added to TikTok.
However, some of you may confuse GIFs with stickers. Here is a brief explanation of these two definitions:
- “GIF is short for Graphics Interchange Format. Although presented as small animations or video sequences, GIFs are lower quality image sequences.
- A sticker is a kind of GIF, so we can call it GIF sticker. However, it features a transparent background around a moving object. So stickers have the power to enhance your storytelling in videos, pictures or online conversations.
Information: The good news is that you can upload or create GIFs and stickers on GIPHY.com as long as you have a brand or artist account. You may need to wait 3-10 business days for your GIFs and Stickers to be approved and ready to use.
First, you need to create a new account and submit an application form to become a brand or an artist on GIPHY.
Next, click on the “Create” button in the upper right corner of the GIPHY.com homepage. You will be taken to the recording screen, where you can create or upload GIFs, stickers and texts.
It’s pretty easy to create a GIF and sticker, because GIPHY.com has a full tutorial to show you how. However, make sure your sticker transparency is over 20% in the first image for it to be approved.
Next, select the “Arrow” button at the end of the screen to set the “visibility status” and add labels to your sticker before uploading it.
Once the download process is complete, your GIF or stickers will appear in the “Download” section of your GIPHY profile.
Step 2: Create a new video or upload an existing video to TikTok
To proceed to the next step, you need to upload a video to TikTok. You can record a new clip or select a ready-made one from your phone’s library.
From the TikTok homepage where tons of videos are streaming, select the plus (+) icon in the bottom navigation bar. TikTok then redirects you to the recording screen.
Below are several editing functions shown in the right corner before manually recording a video:
- Flip: Your camera will switch from front mode to selfie mode and vice versa.
- Speed: this function allows you to record your video in slow motion or in time-lapse.
- Filters: this function allows you to apply predefined looks to your video and completely modify its color.
- Beautify: this effect is ideal for beauty fanatics: smooth skin, slimmer face, etc.
- Timer: it allows you to set a countdown before recording as well as the duration of the clip in advice.
- Response: this function allows you to respond to a comment with a video.
- Flash: this option improves the quality of lighting, especially in dark recording conditions.
Just press the red round button at the bottom of the screen to start recording and press this button again to pause it. Select the “Checkmark” icon if you are satisfied with the video.
If you want to upload an existing clip to TikTok, choose “Upload” next to the record icon. Then choose the clip from your video collection.
Once your video is prepared, TikTok offers you the following additional features:
- Text: you can add texts to your video and change the style, position, size, color and background color. text plane.
- Sticker: You can insert animated stickers into your video. We’ll tell you more about that in the next section.
- Trim clips: allows you to modify the length of your video clip.
- Privacy settings: indicates who can watch your video and who can comment on it.
- Noise reduction: it reduces the background noise so that the voice of your video is easier to hear.
- Voiceover: allows you to insert your voice after recording the video.
- Voice Effects: Change the tone of the original voice to Chipmunk, Male Voice, etc.
- Enhancement: This effect increases the brightness of your video to make it softer and dreamier.
Do not click “Next” to publish your video, because you still have one important task to do: add your own GIF stickers to TikTok.
Step 3: Add your own GIF stickers to TikTok video
Now we will show you the “star of our show”: add your own GIF stickers to TikTok videos.
After creating or uploading the video, click on the “Sticker” option on the right of the screen. Here you will find a variety of GIF stickers from GIPHY.com.
TikTok has a wide range of trendy GIF stickers that are commonly used lately. If you want to use your own, type “@” + “your GIPHY username” in the search bar. Then choose the sticker(s) that matches the content of your video.
Once selected, the stickers will immediately appear on your video. More importantly, TikTok lets you adjust the size and place the stickers wherever you want.
Information: You can add more than one GIF sticker to your clip. Additionally, you can choose which sticker will appear first as well as its duration.
Step 4: Publish the video
In this step, click on “Next” and go to the description section of the post.
Think about a catchy caption and add related hashtags. This will increase the visibility of your video and get more followers.
Also, TikTok allows you to tag people in the video if your friends contribute to the clip. Also, add the location where you recorded it so that other people can easily see your video when they search for that location.
Information: TikTok tries to improve the user experience. It is collaborating with GIPHY to launch the new “Library” feature in April 2022. “This feature allows you to insert GIFs instead of just stickers. Be patient if you can’t find this feature after updating the app, as it may appear soon.
We hope this article will make it easier for you to add your own GIF stickers on TikTok.