Instagram is one of the most popular social media apps for viewing and sharing photos and videos. But using a cell phone for a long period of time can sometimes be taxing on the eyes. In such situations, using a bigger screen like your TV can solve this problem. So, is there a way to cast Instagram to TV? We will find out.
Quick answer: There are a few methods you can use to stream Instagram to TV. The steps to follow will largely depend on the type and brand of television you have. They include
- By using Google Chromecast.
- Using smart TV with Miracast or direct Wi-Fi support.
- By broadcasting on television from a PC or laptop.
How to Cast Instagram to TV
In this article, I will explain each method as briefly as possible. At the end of the article, you should be able to cast your Instagram to your TV.
Method #1: Use Google Chromecast
Google Chromecast is a device that allows you to play online content such as music and videos on your TV. It connects to your TV via the HDMI port. It can be powered by either an AC power source or a USB port on your TV.
On an Android device
To use the Google Chromecast on Android devices, follow these steps:
- Connect your smartphone and the Chromecast to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Go to your mobile settings and find Bluetooth connections. (This step is different depending on the device).
- Click on the “Cast” option.
- Select the option “Enable wireless display” in the upper right corner. This will show all the available devices you can cast to.
- Select your television from the list offered.
- Click on “Start now”.
Your entire phone screen will be mirrored on your TV. You can now open your Instagram to start viewing content on your TV screen.
On an iPhone/iPad
If you are using an iPhone or iPad, use this alternative method:
- Make sure your iPhone/iPad and the Chromecast are connected to the same wi-fi network.
- Install and open the Google Home app on your mobile device.
- From the options available, select your Chromecast device.
- Click on “broadcast my screen”.
- Press “broadcast screen”.
Your entire mobile screen will be mirrored on your TV. To stop casting, tap on your Chromecast device name and select “stop mirroring”.
Method #2: Use a smart TV that supports Miracast or Direct Wi-Fi
For those who already own a smart TV that supports Miracast, there is no need to purchase the Google Chromecast dongle . You can directly cast your smartphone to your smart TV by following these steps:
- Make sure your smartphone and the smart TV are connected to the same Wi-Fi network.
- Put your TV in casting mode.
- Depending on the brand of your mobile phone, you can either pull down the notification panel to find the “cast” shortcut, or go to Bluetooth connections to find the “cast” icon.
- Click on the “cast” icon to display a list of all available devices on which you can cast, including your TV.
- Select your smart TV name from the list, and it will cast your phone screen to your TV.
- Then launch your Instagram app and start watching on your TV screen.
Method #3: Cast to TV from PC or Laptop (Windows/Mac)
You can also cast your PC screen to your TV. Although the steps are slightly different from the others, it is not complicated. For this method, you also need the Chromecast.
- Make sure your PC and the Google Chromecast are connected to the same wi-fi network.
- Launch Google Chrome web browser on your computer.
- Open the Instagram website and log into your Instagram account.
- While remaining in Google Chrome, click on the three dots located in the upper right corner of your browser.
- In the menu, click on the “cast” button.
- You will be presented with a list of Chromecast-enabled devices around you that you can cast to.
- Select your Chromecast device name, and it will start mirroring your laptop or PC screen to your TV.
By default, only the active browser tab will be mirrored on your TV. There are three types of streaming options you can choose from. You can access these three options by clicking on the source button:
- Cast tab. Using this option, you can only cast a particular tab of your Google Chrome browser. This is enough to stream Instagram to your TV screen.
- Cast Desktop. This option allows you to cast your entire screen display including all chrome tabs and other application software.
- Cast File. This option allows you to stream audio and video files. You have to click on the file that you want to cast on your TV screen with this option.
Casting Instagram on TV can be very exciting and fun, especially when you want to share an Instagram video with a large group of people. The steps are easy to follow and cost effective.
You can also apply these methods to other social media and streaming apps like Facebook, Netflix, Hulu, etc.
If you face any problem while casting your Instagram, review the steps again and follow them accordingly.