Navigating through Snapchat can be a bit tricky, especially when your friends keep altering their display names. Not being able to remember who’s who on your contact list can become frustrating. Fear not, though! Here’s a detailed guide on how to change a friend’s name on Snapchat to make things simpler.
Just to quickly go over, to change a friend’s name on Snapchat, head over to your friends list, locate the contact whose name you want to edit, tap their name to access the edit window, key in the new name and finally, tap ‘Save’.
Snapchat gives users the freedom to alter their display names as often as they wish, causing some of your friends to change their names frequently. However, if you’d prefer a more consistent experience, you can assign them a name of your choosing.
Detailed Steps to Change a Friend’s Name on Snapchat
This step-by-step guide will show you how to change a person’s name on Snapchat swiftly and easily.
Method 1: Changing a Friend’s Display Name on Snapchat on Android
If you’re an Android user, follow these steps to alter a friend’s display name on Snapchat:
- Open the Snapchat app and sign in (if you’re not already logged in).
- Tap on the profile icon situated in the upper left corner of the screen.
- Scroll down and tap ‘My friends’ (under ‘Friends’).
- Find the friend whose name you want to change; tap and hold their name.
- A pop-up will emerge with various options – tap on “Manage Friendship”.
- Tap on “Edit name” in the next pop-up window.
- Enter the new name you’d like to use for this person and tap on “Save”.
Following these steps will instantly update the person’s name in your Snapchat contacts. Do remember, this change is only visible to you and not to the friend.
Method 2: Changing a Friend’s Name on Snapchat on iOS
The procedure for changing a friend’s name on Snapchat on an iPhone is slightly different. Here are the steps to guide you:
- Launch Snapchat on your iPhone and log in.
- On the camera screen, tap the Snapchat icon at the top center or swipe down to the main menu.
- Press “My friends”.
- Find the friend whose name you want to change and tap on their name.
- A setting icon will appear next to their username – tap on it.
- Tap on “Change name”.
- Enter the new name of this person and tap on “Save” when you are finished.
As soon as you tap “Save”, the new name will appear in your Snapchat contact list.
How to Change Your Own Display Name on Snapchat
The above methods focused on changing the names of your friends on Snapchat. But what if you wanted to change your own display name? Here are the steps for both Android and iOS:
- Open Snapchat and log in.
- Tap the profile icon (your Snapchat Bitmoji or a yellow dot if you haven’t created one).
- Tap on your current name to change it.
- Enter the new name you’d like to use and press “Save”.
Your new name will be visible to you and any new friends you add. However, your current friends will still see the name you had when they first added you.
Note: You can alter your display name on Snapchat anytime, but you’re only allowed to change your username once a year.
Whether you’re looking to change a friend’s name to something more amusing or simply something more recognizable, these easy steps should help you accomplish it seamlessly. It only takes a few taps on your screen to organize your Snapchat friends list just how you like it.
What happens when you change someone’s name on Snapchat?
The name will be altered in your Snapchat friends list, but the change will only be visible to you.
How often can I change someone’s name on Snapchat?
You can adjust a friend’s name on Snapchat as often as you desire.
Can I use emoji when changing a friend’s name on Snapchat?
Yes, Snapchat permits the use of emojis when naming your friends.
What is the character limit for a Snapchat name?
Snapchat names should be less than 30 characters long.
What other characters can I use in a Snapchat name?
Snapchat allows the usage of letters, numbers, periods, and spaces. You can also use apostrophes, dashes or any emoji.
How do I know if someone has changed my name on their Snapchat?
You won’t be able to see if someone has changed your name on their Snapchat. The alteration will only be visible to the friend who made the change.