In the world of social media, personalization is key. Instagram, being one of the leading platforms, offers various ways to customize your content. One such feature is changing the background color of your Instagram stories. By default, Instagram analyzes your image and chooses a background color for you. But what if you want to change it? This article will guide you through two simple ways to change the background color in Instagram stories without covering up the image or video.
Method 1: Using the Marker Tool
- Open Your Instagram Story: Start by clicking your profile icon and adding an image to your story.
- Select the Marker Icon: Press the marker icon on the top, and it will select the top sharpie for you.
- Choose Your Color: Select any color from the bottom of the screen. You can hold down on the colors to access a wider range.
- Cover and Erase: Hold in the middle of your screen to change the background, but it will cover your image. To fix this, click the eraser icon on top and erase around your image.
Note: This method is a workaround and requires careful erasing. It works for both photos and videos.
Method 2: Adding an Image Over a Colored Background (iPhone Only)
- Take a Picture: Start by taking a picture in your Instagram story.
- Select Your Background Color: Choose a color and make sure the top sharpie is picked. Press and hold to create a colored background.
- Copy Your Desired Image: Go to your photo library, select the image you want, and press “copy photo.”
- Paste the Image: Quickly go back to Instagram, and the copied image will show up as a sticker. You can resize it as needed.
Note: This method only works for photos and is believed to work only on iPhones.
Conclusion: Enhancing Your Instagram Experience
Changing the background color of your Instagram stories is a creative way to make your content stand out. Whether you’re using the marker tool or adding an image over a colored background, these methods allow for a personalized touch. Remember, the first method works for both photos and videos, while the second is specific to photos and possibly iPhone users only.
By exploring these options, you can add a splash of color to your Instagram stories and engage your audience in a more vibrant way. So go ahead, experiment with different colors, and let your creativity shine!