With the new Twitter app called X, you can still keep the old app icon on your iPhone. Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you do that.
- Click in the middle of your phone and swipe down a bit.
- Search for Shortcuts and click on it.
- In the upper right-hand corner, click the plus icon to add a new shortcut.
Creating a Shortcut to Open Twitter
- Use one of the suggested shortcuts at the bottom called Open App or click Add Action and search for Open App.
- Click on Open App in the scripting section.
- Click on the blue and faded App part and choose the app to open.
- Type X in the search bar, find X AKA Twitter, and click on it.
- Hit Done in the upper right-hand corner.
Customizing the Shortcut
- Click the three dots on your new shortcut.
- At the bottom, click the i to change the info.
- Click Add to Home Screen.
- Change the app icon by selecting the old Twitter icon from your photos.
- Change the name to Twitter and click Add.
- Move the Twitter app icon to your desired location on your phone.
- A small notification may pop down when opening Twitter through this shortcut. If you know how to remove it, share in the comments.
- To remove the X app from your home screen, click and long hold on it, then click the minus button. Don’t delete the app, just remove it from the home screen.
This tutorial guides you on how to remove the X app icon and keep the old Twitter app icon on your iPhone. It’s a simple process that allows you to customize your app appearance according to your preference.