Hosting auto renewal is a feature provided by web hosting services, including Bluehost, that automatically renews your hosting plan when it’s nearing its expiration date. This ensures uninterrupted service for your website. However, there might be times when you want to discontinue the service and not have it auto-renew.
Why Might You Want to Turn Off Hosting Auto Renewal?
- You’re planning to switch to a different hosting provider.
- You no longer need the website or hosting service.
- To avoid unexpected renewal charges.
What is the Process to Deactivate Auto Renewal on Bluehost?
- Access Your Bluehost Dashboard: Log into your Bluehost account to reach the main dashboard.
- Navigate to Products: In the upper right-hand corner, click on your profile image and select ‘Products’ from the dropdown menu.
- View Your Hosting Plan: This section will display all the products and services you’ve purchased from Bluehost, including domains, hosting, and other services.
- Adjust Renewal Settings: Next to your hosting plan, click on the three dots to access more options. Here, you’ll find ‘Renewal Options’. Click on it.
- Select Manual Renew: By default, ‘Auto Renew’ might be selected. Change this by selecting ‘Manual Renew’. Confirm the change when prompted.
- Review Other Services: It’s a good idea to review other products and services listed to ensure no other unwanted auto renewals are active. For each service, click on the three dots and adjust the renewal settings as needed.
- Confirm Changes: Ensure that all changes have been saved. Your hosting plan will now only renew if you manually choose to do so.
What is the Outcome?
By following the steps outlined above, you’ll prevent your hosting plan on Bluehost from automatically renewing. This gives you more control over your hosting services and associated costs.