Have you seen an interesting video on your LinkedIn news feed and want to download it to re-share internally or on your own profile? Here are the 3 easiest procedures to save any video shared on LinkedIn by a page or profile.
No, the “right click save” on a LinkedIn video (including sponsored ones for example), will not allow you to save it to your computer or download it.
On the other hand, we can introduce you to 3 methods that will help you do it in just a few clicks.
3 Ways to Download a LinkedIn Video
Method 1: Download LinkedIn Videos to MP4 from Google Chrome using an Extension
If you use Google Chrome diligently or for work, you have surely noticed that it is possible to find extensions to solve all our problems on the Chrome Web Store. Downloading LinkedIn videos is no exception, and fortunately!
The company LinkedRadar thus offered us a Chrome plugin called “LinkedIn Video Downloader” or “Video Downloader for LinkedIn” in its original name.
LinkedRadar offers a range of automation tools to enhance the user experience on LinkedIn and help them perform. In addition to the video download tool, it offers a contact information scraping tool or an automatic contact system with precise templates written by professionals.
The operation of the video recording extension is very simple:
- The first thing to do is of course to install it from this link .
- Once the extension is installed, you should see a small blue icon appear at the top left of videos on LinkedIn.
- Just click on it when you want to download the video and the extension takes care of the rest.
- The video is downloaded in MP4 format.
Method #2: Save LinkedIn Video to Web Format
As we said earlier in the article, right-clicking on the post and then “save” does not download LinkedIn content in video format. Nevertheless, it is a method to save the video in HTML format.
Even though it is not a video format and therefore it will not be reusable for other purposes, you will be able to access the video whenever you want from the HTML file.
Good to know : you will still need an internet connection to enjoy it.
From an ethical point of view, this is surely the best way to record a LinkedIn video.
Method 3: Download and save to your computer/MacBook any LinkedIn video in few clicks from source code
(Update): This method, which worked before, no longer works tonight. Indeed, access to the video URL is now restricted by LinkedIn, which prevents us from accessing it and therefore from downloading the video.
To download a video shared on LinkedIn, nothing could be simpler, all you need to do is:
- Identify the post with the video you want to retrieve and then click on the three dots at the top right of it to get the final link of the LinkedIn post containing the video you want to download. To do this, simply click on “ Copy link to post ”.
- Paste the link copied previously in the web address bar, you will then arrive at a URL like linkedin.com/posts/
- At this point, all you have to do is grab the exact link of the video embedded in the post. To do this, right-click just above the video in the post, then click ” Inspect ” / ” Inspect Element ” depending on your browser. (Don’t be afraid, you will have access to the source code of the publication, but there is nothing very complicated).
- Then just do a CTRL + F (command + F on Mac) then paste https://dms.licdn.com/playlist/ in the search bar of the inspector to go directly to the URL of the LinkedIn video to recover and which will allow you in the next step to save it on your computer / MacBook.
- So copy this link, then paste the complete address dms.licdn.com/playlist/ in a dedicated tab. Once loaded, all you have to do is right-click -> “ Save video as… ” and choose in which folder you want to save your first downloaded LinkedIn video without a third-party site or tool .
This method of saving LinkedIn video was the most reliable, the least risky for your computer / macbook and the safest to protect you from possible viruses, popup ads on sites that offer to download LinkedIn videos for you.
If you wish, you can also choose to download Chrome or Firefox extensions (as we recommend for downloading a Facebook or Dailymotion video) allowing you to do the same thing, but you will unnecessarily weigh down your browser while this procedure dedicated to LinkedIn, when you’ve mastered it, won’t take you more than a minute to complete per uploaded LinkedIn video .
Disclaimer: all videos hosted on LinkedIn are subject to copyright, so we invite you to inquire about this and request the necessary recovery authorizations before downloading and/or reusing them on your side.
FAQs on using LinkedIn
Is it possible to access his LinkedIn profile with his phone?
Yes, it is possible to access your LinkedIn profile from your phone, thanks to the mobile application in particular.
Most smartphones have the ability to install and use the app, allowing you to quickly check your messages or edit any information about yourself in your profile. We also advise you to download the LinkedIn application for several reasons:
- It’s a great way to easily view job opportunities, and the activity of your connections.
- This gives you the ability to access LinkedIn from anywhere.
- You can easily search for new contacts and use the app to build relationships.
- You can keep up to date with professional news and other topics presented by the platform.
- You have access to all the main features that are offered on a computer.
Is it possible to find an old publication on LinkedIn?
Finding an old post on LinkedIn is possible, but it may take some research effort.
- First, you can start by going up the News Feed and searching through your past posts and articles to find the one you’re looking for.
- If you can’t find it in your content timeline, try searching for the title of the article or any keywords related to the post .
- If the post is a few years old, it may not show up in a standard search.
- You can also check out pages that may have shared this article in the past.
- If all that doesn’t work, you can always try contacting the author directly, who may be able to give you access to older posts.
How do I share a video on LinkedIn?
Sharing a video on LinkedIn is a very simple action: all you have to do is go to the LinkedIn home page, locate the place provided for writing publications (usually at the top of the page) and click on ” Video “.
You can then import your video, accompany it with a descriptive text and share it with your contacts in a few clicks.
Can I upload a video to LinkedIn without an internet connection?
The answer to whether you can upload a video to LinkedIn without an internet connection is yes and no.
Yes, because you can save the video to your device before attempting to download it (which does not require an internet connection). You can also try using your phone’s hotspot as a workaround.
No, because for the video to finish uploading, an internet connection is required since LinkedIn needs a stable connection to the server for it to work.
There are ways to work around this problem:
- If you have access to a reliable Wi-Fi network or even a personal hotspot from your mobile device, the process is much easier.
- Most social networks offer plug-ins that allow you to embed videos and images on their platform without the need for an Internet connection.
How to access your browsing history on LinkedIn?
It’s easy to access your browsing history on LinkedIn.
- First, log in to your account.
- Next, click on “Me” in the top right corner of the page and select “Preferences & Privacy”.
- Under the “Data Privacy” tab, you will see the “How LinkedIn uses your data” section.
- Click on “Get a copy of your data”.
- Select the data you wish to consult, then click on “Request archives”