YouTube is a platform incredibly rich in content, with live videos broadcasted every day on various subjects. Whether you’re a fan of live concerts, educational webinars, or live gaming sessions, chances are you’ll sometimes want to save these videos for later viewing. Unfortunately, YouTube doesn’t offer an integrated download function for live videos. Fortunately, there are several ways to download live videos from YouTube for offline use. In this article, we will show you how to do it.
How to Download Live Videos from YouTube with Third-Party Software
There are numerous software that allows users to save their favorite live streams and watch them during their free time.
We’ll start with the simplest of the available third-party tools. The By Click Downloader is available on PC and makes downloading live videos from YouTube very simple. Here’s how:
- Install the ByClick Downloader on your computer.
- Open YouTube and click on the live video you want to download.
- A pop-up window will appear in the lower right corner. Click on “Download Video”.
- Wait for the video to be downloaded.
Note: Once the download is completed, the video will appear in the folder selected under “Choose a folder”.
If the pop-up window mentioned in step 3 doesn’t appear, simply click on the address bar at the top of YouTube while the live video is playing. We like this method because ByClick Downloader is a trusted source and makes downloading videos from YouTube easy.
MiniTool uTube Downloader
One of the most popular download options is the MiniTool uTube Downloader. It’s a free program with a user-friendly interface that lets you download live streams without degrading video quality. To save a stream:
- Download and launch MiniTool uTube Downloader.
- Navigate to the “YouTube Downloader” section.
- Move the cursor to the search bar at the top of the interface. Type in the stream name or its keywords and press “Enter” to find the video. Alternatively, go to YouTube, copy the stream URL, and paste it into the search bar.
- Select and play the video you want to save.
- Click the “Download” button next to the address bar.
The program will generate a small window displaying available file formats. You can save the stream as an MP3, MP4, WAV, or WebM file. Choose the format you prefer and press the “Download” button.
It should not take more than a few minutes for the software to complete the download. When it has saved the video, press the “Play” button to watch the stream immediately.
In addition to allowing you to download live streams, the program has several other interesting features. It supports batch downloading, has an ad-free interface, and you can even save subtitles as “.srt” files.
Another excellent third-party option is the 4K Video Downloader. While it is primarily used by gaming fans to download streams from YouTube’s gaming section, it can help you save any type of video. The software is compatible with Windows computers, Macbooks, Linux devices, Android smartphones, and iPhones.
- Download and launch the program.
- Go to YouTube, find the stream you want to save, and copy the link from the address bar.
- Return to the Downloader and click the “Paste link” icon.
- Choose the desired file format.
- Press “Download”.
Depending on the length of the video, it may take several minutes for the Downloader to complete the process. However, once finished, you will have permanent access to your favorite video content.
Keep in mind that you can only download streams that have been published. It’s impossible to save a stream that’s still in progress.
If you’re a YouTube content creator, you might be wondering how to enhance your content creation skills. By downloading your live streams, you can watch them at your convenience and find ways to improve future videos.
Restream Integrations: An Impressive Tool for Streamers
Restream Integrations is a streaming and editing tool that gives your live broadcasts a professional look. It tracks video analytics, enabling creators to quickly identify areas where they can improve. Creators with a paid subscription to Restream can also download their live streams. The process is relatively straightforward:
- Head over to YouTube Studio and ensure you’re connected to the right channel.
- Click on “Content” on the right-hand side of the dashboard.
- Press the “Live” tab under “Channel Content”.
You’ll see a list of your previous streams.
- Scroll through the list, hover over the stream you wish to save, and select the three-dot icon.
- Choose “Download” from the options list.
Note that the software only lets you download streams posted on your channel. It does not support downloading videos created by other YouTube users.
Downloading Live Videos from YouTube with Online Downloaders
There are numerous websites that enable users to download content from multiple platforms like YouTube, Vimeo, Instagram, Facebook, and more. However, some people hesitate to visit these sites. They may contain malware that will infect your devices or compromise your personal information. But if you’re in a hurry, their features can help you save live streams quickly.
To protect your data and devices, never click on pop-up ads on unfamiliar websites. By accidentally clicking on these ads, you can allow malware to infect your PC or smartphone. Also, avoid clicking on sponsored links that appear across the interface. They’ll redirect you to suspicious pages and prevent you from downloading the stream.
Y2Mate is a site that helps you save videos from DailyMotion, Facebook, and YouTube. To download a live stream from YouTube:
- Go to Y2Mate from your browser.
- Open YouTube and select the stream you want to download. Copy its link from the address bar.
- Paste the video link into the download field on the Y2Mate page.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and select your preferred video format.
- Click on “Download”.
- Press “Download” in the new window.
Wait a few minutes until Y2Mate finishes downloading the stream. When the file is saved on your device, hover over it and right-click. Select “Open file’s folder” to view the video.
Enjoy Your Favorite Live Streams Offline
People who love consuming video content should have no trouble finding a reliable method to download live streams from YouTube. You can save published streams using third-party tools like MiniTool uTube Downloader or 4K Video Downloader. Those who want to create content should consider using Restream Integrations, as the program also includes download features. When visiting online downloaders like Y2Mate, remember not to click on pop-up ads.
What is your favorite way to download live streams from YouTube? Do you use a third-party software or a web-based downloader? Let us know in the comments below.
How to Download Live Videos from YouTube with a Browser Extension
Browser extensions are another option for downloading live videos from YouTube. These extensions add a feature to your web browser that lets you download videos directly from the YouTube page. It’s important to note that not all browser extensions are secure, and some may contain malware. Make sure to only install extensions from reliable sources.
One of the most popular browser extensions for downloading YouTube videos is Video DownloadHelper. Here’s how to use it:
- Install the Video DownloadHelper extension from the Chrome Web Store or the Firefox Add-ons Store, depending on which browser you use.
- Once the extension is installed, go to YouTube and open the live stream you wish to download.
- Click on the extension icon in your browser’s toolbar. A list of all videos available on the current page will display.
- Select the live stream you wish to download and choose the file format you prefer.
- Click the “Download” button and wait for the live stream to be downloaded to your computer.
Once the download is complete, you can watch the live stream at any time, even when you’re not connected to the internet.
There are several methods to download live videos from YouTube, whether using third-party software, online downloaders, browser extensions, or tools integrated into YouTube. Each method has its pros and cons, so the best one for you will depend on your specific needs.
Regardless of the method you choose, it’s important to respect copyright laws and not download content without the creator’s permission. Also, always ensure the tools you use are safe and do not contain malware that could compromise your computer’s security.
Do these methods also work for non-live videos on YouTube?
Yes, most of these methods work just as well for live as well as non-live videos on YouTube. However, some may have limitations, for example, they may not allow the downloading of live videos while they’re being broadcasted.
Is it legal to download videos from YouTube?
It’s a delicate subject. According to YouTube’s terms of service, you’re not supposed to download videos unless there’s a download link provided by YouTube. However, in practice, many people download videos for personal use.
Does downloading videos affect the video quality?
It depends on the software or service you use to download the video. Some methods may result in a drop in video quality, while others allow downloading the video in its original quality.
Can I download live videos on my smartphone?
Yes, you can, as long as you have the appropriate app installed on your smartphone. For example, the 4K Video Downloader app is available for both Android and iPhone devices.
What if the live video I want to download has been removed?
Unfortunately, if the live video has been removed from YouTube, it’s not possible to download it. However, there are websites and services that archive some YouTube videos, so you could try searching for the video on these sites.