How to Fix Facebook Not Sending Security Code to Email
Recovering a Facebook account requires a code sent to your email address or phone number. Occasionally, Facebook may fail to send this code. Below is a simple solution to fix Facebook not sending a code to your email:
- Restart your phone.
- Go to your settings.
- Click on Apps.
- Select Facebook.
- Tap on Storage.
- Clear data and cache.
- Go back to the previous page and select Permission.
- Click on Phone and select Allow.
- Go to your Gmail app.
- Click on Permissions and also select Allow for Phone.
- On your browser, enter your email address and password.
- Tap on Login (You will be directed to a page asking you to enter the code sent to your email).
- Click on Resend email.
- Check your inbox for the code.
- Enter the code in the code box.
By following these steps, you can easily rectify the issue of Facebook not sending a code.
How to Solve Facebook Code Generator Not Sending SMS
Resolving the issue of the Facebook code generator not sending an SMS can be achieved by enabling Facebook texting in your Facebook settings. Here’s how to set up Facebook text:
- Tap the menu icon in the top right corner of your Facebook home screen.
- Select Settings.
- Scroll down and click on Text Messaging under Notifications.
- Enter your phone number and click on Add a phone number.
- Enter the confirmation code that will be sent to you.
- Click Confirm.
Following these steps can resolve the issue of the Facebook code generator not sending an SMS.
How to Resolve Facebook’s 6-Digit Code Not Received
If you are attempting to reset a password or sign in with a new device, Facebook may not send the 6-digit verification code. To fix this, follow these steps:
- Go to your Facebook login page using any browser.
- Try to login (Facebook will ask you to confirm your identity via the code sent to your phone number).
- Click the Resend button on the Facebook login page.
- If the 6-digit code is not sent to you by SMS, tap on Try another method.
- Enter the email address connected to the Facebook account.
- Check the inbox and the spam folder for the 6-digit code.
Failure to receive the 6-digit code from Facebook may be due to a network issue or a problem with the phone number linked to the Facebook account.
How to Resolve Not Receiving My Security Code for Facebook
Facebook employs two-step authentication to enhance account security. However, if you add more than two phone numbers or email addresses, your account may be flagged as suspicious by Facebook and temporarily locked. To regain access:
- Log in to your Facebook account.
- You will notice that the account has been blocked. Just below this page, click on the send code button.
- If the code does not arrive, visit Facebook’s Help Center to report the problem.
- Enter your email address.
- Briefly describe the problem.
- Upload a screenshot of the page that appears when you try to log in.
- Click send and wait 24 hours to receive an email response.
- Follow the instructions that Facebook sends you via email.
How to Fix Facebook Password Reset Code Not Received via Email
If you are not receiving the Facebook password reset code in your email, it suggests that the email address you’re checking isn’t linked to your Facebook account. You can resolve this by receiving the password reset code via SMS. Here’s how:
- Go to the Facebook login page using any browser.
- Click on Forgot account.
- From the options on the next page, select the phone number.
- An SMS will be sent to you with the password reset code.
- Open your SMS application to access the code, then copy and paste it.
- Follow the instructions on the screen.
How to Fix Facebook Not Sending Confirmation Code to Email
If Facebook fails to send a confirmation code to your email after signing up, follow these steps:
- Confirm that you typed the correct email address.
- Confirm that you have a good Internet connection.
- Check your email, including the spam or promotions folders.
- Click on the link that accompanies the confirmation code.
- Confirm your Facebook account.
If the issue persists, consider creating your Facebook account with your phone number instead.
How to Resolve Facebook Not Sending an SMS Code to Reset the Password
Facebook typically resets passwords by sending a reset link to an email address or a password reset code to a phone number. If Facebook fails to send an SMS code for password reset, here’s how to rectify it:
- Visit facebook.com.
- Click Forgot Password below the password text box.
- Enter your email address or phone number.
- Press the Search button.
- Once your account is displayed, select This is my account.
- Reset your password by selecting Send me a code by SMS to reset my password.
- Enter the code you receive on your mobile.
- If you do not receive a code, select I did not receive a code.
- Use an email address to reset the password instead.
- The password reset link will be sent to your email address.
By following these guidelines, you can effectively resolve issues with Facebook not sending security codes. Thanks for reading!