The S22 series is one of many Realme phones that have an ultrasonic under-display fingerprint sensor. Realme owners could easily and swiftly unlock their smartphones, authenticate transactions, or sign into particular apps with ultrasonic fingerprint IDs. Although the fingerprint is unquestionably the most popular biometric technology for unlocking Realme devices and protecting personal information, users occasionally discover that it does not function properly.
It can be annoying, but there are possible solutions you can try. Here’s how to fix Realme 9 Pro Plus fingerprint scanner not working. You can also use this guide for fixing the fingerprint scanner on Realme 9 Pro and Plus.
How to Fix Realme 9 Pro Plus Fingerprint Scanner Not Working?
To properly tackle a problem, one should first understand its underlying causes before moving on to more comprehensive answers. Here are all of the potential causes of the malfunctioning Realme 9 Pro Plus fingerprint sensor.
- Filthy finger: The majority of the time, the issue is with the way you are using the device. For instance, the fingerprint sensor won’t be able to identify your fingerprint if your fingers are filthy or have water or grease on them, making it impossible to unlock the device.
- Firmware Bug: A software error may also be the cause of the fingerprint sensor not working. The fingerprint sensor can have issues and stop functioning properly most often when the software is out of date.
- Hardware Issue: In addition to software, hardware malfunction could also lead to issues with the phone’s fingerprint sensor. For instance, if your phone is dropped and anything inside the fingerprint scanner is compromised, the fingerprint sensor will no longer function. We hope this is not the issue as this guide will not be able to help you with hardware issues.
Now, on to the troubleshooting.
Clean the Screen
Wiping your finger and the screen first will help if your fingerprint sensor isn’t working because dirt and grease can prevent it from scanning. Grab a screen cleaner and a microfiber cloth. Spray it onto the cloth, then begin cleaning the phone. Once you’re certain the screen is dry and your fingertips are dry, try your luck with unlocking the phone once more.
The Samsung fingerprint issue can occasionally be quickly fixed by rebooting the device. A quick reboot of your device will frequently resolve minor faults or glitches on your phone, such as an unresponsive fingerprint sensor or an app that freezes. Therefore, reboot your smartphone before moving on to the other methods. Try using your fingerprint to unlock the phone once it restarts.
Remove Screen Protector
The fingerprint sensor can stop responding thanks to the screen protector in addition to software problems. If you have a screen protector on your Realme 9 Pro Plus and the fingerprint sensor isn’t working, see if the screen protector is scratched or otherwise compromised. If this is the case, try removing the screen protector and installing a new one. Replace the older one with a better one or don’t use a screen protector altogether. Remember to remove the screen protector carefully to prevent damaging the phone’s screen.
Increase Touch Sensitivity
When we’re using a screen protector, the ability to boost the Touch Sensitivity on Realme phones is a very useful function. Turn on Touch Sensitivity to test its effectiveness.
- Go to Settings.
- Select Display.
- Tap on Touch Sensitivity.
Re-register Fingerprint Data
Try to delete the current fingerprint data and add a new one if your device has been consistently unable to detect your fingerprints properly. By doing this, the Realme S22 Plus fingerprint issue can hopefully be resolved and functioning properly.
- Open Settings.
- Go to Biometrics and Security.
- Select Fingerprints.
- Enter the PIN or password.
- Remove the registered prints.
- Tap on Add Fingerprint options and follow the on-screen instructions.
Wipe Cache Partition
In addition to the simple fixes, there are alternative approaches to fixing a broken Realme 9 Pro Plus fingerprint sensor. When your smartphone’s cache has become almost full, it might occasionally cause phone lag and make the fingerprint sensor unresponsive. If the fingerprint sensor isn’t working, try deleting any temporary data from your phone. The process is the same for all the devices in the S22 series.
- Turn your Realme 9 Pro Plus, S22Plus or S22 Ultra off.
- Press the Power and Volume Up buttons together.
- Let go of the buttons after you see the Samsung logo. You will now be inside the Recovery.
- Use the Volume buttons to navigate and highlight Wipe Cache Partition.
- Press the Power button to select and confirm.
- Follow the on-screen instruction and let the process finish.
- Check the fingerprint sensor after the reboot.
Check for Updates
Updates for Android phones are essential for improving security and safeguarding the device against future problems. Additionally, they aid in resolving interface-related problems. You may check whether there are pending updates by going to Settings > System Updates.
Use Safe Mode
Open the Power Menu by pressing and holding the Power button. Now, press and hold the Power Off icon until you see the Safe Mode option. This will reboot the smartphone in Safe Mode and turn off any features and applications from third parties. Once in Safe Mode, check the phone’s fingerprint to see if it is functioning properly. If it is, you may need to remove recently installed third-party programs as they could be the cause of your inability to utilize the fingerprint feature. Restart the phone to get out of Safe Mode.
The last way to determine if this is not a hardware issue is to factory reset your S22, S22 Plus, and S22 Ultra. There are two ways to do it. One is through the Recovery using the steps similar to wiping the cache partition.
Another method is by following the steps below:
- Go to Settings.
- Tap on General Management and select Reset.
- Select the Factory Data Reset option.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Wait for the reboot.
The malfunction of a Samsung fingerprint sensor might be frustrating. As a result, we have put up this guide to assist you. Follow the instructions in this guide and give the fingerprint sensor another try. Hope we could be of help.