It’s no secret that Snapchat has become an integral part of our digital social lives. However, sometimes, we might want to know if someone is active on Snapchat without the ability to see their location. Although Snapchat doesn’t directly show a user’s activity status, there are several ways to infer if someone is active on the app. This guide will break down some of these techniques, so you can keep up with your friends’ activities on Snapchat even if their location is hidden.
Keeping an Eye on Snap Score
Snapchat’s Snap Score is a unique feature that could give you a clue about a person’s activity on the platform. A user’s Snap Score is calculated based on the total number of snaps they have sent and received. If someone’s Snap Score increases, it signifies that they’ve been active on Snapchat.
Here’s how to view someone’s Snap Score:
- Open Snapchat and click on your Bitmoji at the top left to go to your profile.
- In your profile, find the section labeled “My Friends” and click on it.
- Scroll through your friends’ list to find the person of interest. Click on their username to open the chat and then click on their name at the top to open their profile.
- Look under their name to find their Snap Score. If the number has gone up, it indicates that they have been active on Snapchat recently.
Checking the Timestamp of Last Viewed Snap
Snapchat provides a timestamp feature that tells you when someone last viewed a snap you sent them. This feature can help you know whether the person is using Snapchat at a given time. Remember, the timestamp function only shows the exact times for up to a day. After that, it will show the number of days since the snap was viewed.
Here’s how to check the timestamp:
- Open Snapchat and swipe right to access the conversations page where all your chats are stored.
- Look for the chat room of the person you are interested in.
- If the person has viewed the message or snap you sent, an empty square/arrow (depending on the type of snap sent) will appear under their name.
- Next to this, the word ‘opened’ and the date it was seen will appear. If the timestamp is just a few seconds or minutes old, the person is likely active on Snapchat.
Utilizing the Snap Map Feature
Snap Map is another useful feature for checking a user’s activity. It shows the user’s recent location or activity status at a specific time.
Here’s how to use Snap Map:
- Open Snapchat and swipe down on the camera screen to access Snap Map.
- Tap on the Bitmoji of the user you are trying to track. This feature will show you when the user was last active. If it says “Just now,” it means the user is currently on Snapchat.
- You can also visit the person’s profile and check their Snap Card to infer their activity.
Remember, if the user has enabled ghost mode, you will not be able to see their activity or location on Snap Map. In this case, you may need to use the Snap Score or timestamp methods mentioned above.
While there’s no direct way to check someone’s online status on Snapchat, the methods described above can provide some useful insights. Whether you’re looking to find out if your friend is active, or if someone is deliberately avoiding you, these steps can help you navigate your way around Snapchat’s privacy features. Happy snapping!
Does Snapchat show a person’s activity?
While Snapchat does not directly show a user’s activity, you can still infer if they’re active through their Snap Score, the timestamp of last viewed snaps, and Snap Map.
Can you use Snapchat without your friends knowing?
Yes, you can use Snapchat without your friends knowing by enabling ghost mode and avoiding opening snaps, chats, or posting anything to your story.