WhatsApp is a widely used and highly downloaded instant messaging app for both Android and iOS. Despite other applications offering similar features, none have successfully toppled WhatsApp from its perch. Every day, countless messages are exchanged on this platform, leading many to wonder: How many messages have I sent to a particular contact on WhatsApp?
Locating the Count of Messages Sent to a Contact
Identifying the Count of messages sent to a contact on WhatsApp is simpler than it seems. It doesn’t involve manually counting every message, which would be a daunting task. Instead, by following these steps, you can quickly discover the answer:
- Open the “Settings” section of your WhatsApp application.
- Tap on “Data and storage”.
- Select ‘Storage usage’, which will display a list of your contacts.
- Use the magnifying glass search feature and type the name of the contact you’re interested in.
- Tap on the relevant contact, and an information box will appear showing the Count of messages sent, as well as other statistics like the Count of contacts shared, photos, stickers, gifts, videos, audio messages, and documents exchanged.
Understanding Your WhatsApp Chat Statistics
With these steps, you can easily gain access to your chat statistics and know the quantity and type of information you’ve sent to your contacts.
Another way to gather this information is by using an app that provides chat statistics, such as Chat Stat. This is especially handy for those using an older version of WhatsApp that doesn’t have the built-in statistics feature. If you’re unsure, make sure you’ve updated to the latest version of WhatsApp.
After installing the Chat Stat app on your phone, follow these steps to get detailed usage information:
- Open any WhatsApp conversation.
- Tap the three dots in the upper right corner.
- Click on “More”.
- Choose “Export chat”.
- Go to “No file”.
- Wait for it to load, then go to ChatStat.
- Here, you’ll get more comprehensive information about your conversations.
Freeing Up Space on WhatsApp from Your Mobile Device
If you’re experiencing performance issues with your phone, it may be because your memory is full, and it’s time to free up some space. WhatsApp can store a lot of data on your device.
It’s beneficial to clean up your storage occasionally, removing useless data. This will help maintain the health of your smartphone. There are several ways to free up space on WhatsApp.
From the Application:
- Follow the same steps as above for finding the Count of messages sent to a contact.
- This option will also show the storage taken up by stickers, photos, audios, and gifs. You can choose to delete any or all of these data types.
From the Device Settings:
- Go to “Internal storage” in your smartphone settings and locate the WhatsApp folder to delete stored data.
- Consider moving the WhatsApp application to your phone’s SD memory if it’s filling up your phone’s internal storage.
Clear All Messages:
- Go to “Settings”.
- Tap on “Chats”.
- Go to “Chat history”.
- Click on “Delete all chats”.
- Choose if you also want to delete archived chats and starred messages.
Deleting Shared Files:
Similar to the steps above, deleting shared files will free up space consumed by all types of data stored in your WhatsApp account.
Now, you not only know the Count of messages sent in a conversation but also how to delete them and other data to free up space. This helps keep your device running smoothly, free of unnecessary clutter.