Millions of people use Snapchat every day to share photos and videos with friends and family. But the 10-second limit for videos might not be enough to capture all the action. Wouldn’t it be great if you could make longer videos on Snapchat? It is now possible.
Quick answer: Here’s how to make longer videos on Snapchat:
- Open your Snapchat and switch to camera mode.
- Press and hold the record button.
- Hold it down until you reach the maximum recording time of 60 seconds.
- Once you are done, release the button, edit and share your video with your friends.
Technically, you can record consecutive 10-second videos, and Snapchat strings them together to reach a total recording time of 60 seconds. That’s six times the length of a typical Snapchat video. Now you can capture all the detail, all the action and all the fun.
We are going to show you how to take advantage of this new feature and make longer videos on Snapchat.
Record Long Videos on Snapchat (Step by Step)
The process is quite simple, just like recording normal videos on Snapchat. You just need to make a small modification to make longer videos. Here’s how to do it:
Step 1: Go to the Camera tab
- Open your Snapchat app and log in.
- Tap on the Camera tab in the lower left corner to access the camera.
- Choose the filter and the camera you want to use.
Step 2: Press and hold the record button
- Aim the camera at the subject you want to record and press the big white record button in the center. It turns red when recording starts.
- You will also see a white circle fill around the record button. It indicates the time remaining for recording – a filled circle equals 10 seconds.
Previously, Snapchat stopped recording when the circle was full; you had to save it, then come back and start recording again if you wanted to record more. Now recording continues as long as you hold down the record button. You will see a new circle fill up every 10 seconds and you can record up to 6 videos of 10 seconds for a total of 60 seconds.
Step 3: Stop recording
You can stop recording at any time by simply removing your finger from the big white record button or continue recording until you reach the 60 second limit .
Step 4: Preview and save video
Snapchat will automatically chain all your videos and play them in order when you finish recording. You can now watch the video, edit it, add filters and stickers, or do whatever you want.
When you are happy with the video, just click the save icon in the lower right corner to save it to your Snapchat memories.
Tip: When you apply a sticker or write text to part of the clip, it is applied to the whole video.
Step 5: Send or share the video
- You can share the video directly with your friends by pressing the “Send to” button and selecting the people you want to share the video with.
- To post a Snapchat story, go to the Stories tab and tap the “+” icon in the lower left corner. Then select the video from your Snapchat memories and post it to your story. Your friends will see the story as a chain of six short videos played in order.
- Share the video outside of Snapchat by pressing the “Share” button. A menu will open with all sharing options like WhatsApp, Facebook, Twitter, etc.
Snapchat is a great way to share your life with friends and family. And now that you can record longer videos, you can capture even more memorable moments and share them with the people you love. Simply press and hold the record button to record up to 60 seconds of video. So go ahead and start recording longer videos on Snapchat.
How can I save a video longer than 60 seconds on Snapchat?
You can not. The maximum recording time for a Snapchat video is 60 seconds.
Can I share a video longer than 60 seconds on Snapchat Stories?
Yes, you can record multiple videos and publish them one after another as a story. Your friends will see the story as a series of videos played in order.
How to record a video without holding the button on Snapchat?
Unfortunately, you cannot. You need to press and hold the button to record video on Snapchat.
Where can I find my longest videos on Snapchat?
All your videos are saved in your Snapchat Memories. To access it, tap the “Memories” icon in the bottom bar, then select “Videos.”