Instagram is an excellent platform for showcasing your creativity. Particularly for digital artists, Instagram’s features such as reels and hashtags can significantly enhance reach and engagement. Here’s a simple, step-by-step guide to help you post your digital art on Instagram.
Step 1: Signing Up on Instagram
To begin, you need an Instagram account. If you’re already a user, simply log in using your credentials. But if you’re new to Instagram, here’s how you create an account:
- Download the Instagram app from the App Store or Google Play.
- Open the app and select “Register.”
- You can choose to link your Facebook account to Instagram. This will sync your information between both platforms. Alternatively, you can register using your phone number or email.
- Verify your details and provide a username, your date of birth, and set a password.
Pro Tip: As an artist, it’s crucial to have a professional-looking profile. Pick a profile picture and write a bio description that speaks to your target audience. Remember to make your account public so everyone can view your posts.
Step 2: Uploading Your Digital Art
Now that your account is set up, it’s time to upload your artwork:
- Go to your profile page and tap on the plus icon to create a new post.
- Select the digital artwork image or video you want to share.
- You can add multiple images or videos to a single post, but the total number should not exceed 10.
Note: Instagram recommends a standard width of 1080 pixels for images and videos. Ensure your post height is between 566 and 1350 pixels to prevent distorting your artwork.
After selecting your artwork, tap “Next.”
Step 3: Adding Filters and Adjusting Settings
Instagram offers various ways to enhance your digital art:
- Add a filter such as Clarendon, Gingham, or Moon to enhance your post’s look.
- Adjust the brightness, contrast, structure, and warmth settings of your post.
Remember: Instagram has basic editing tools, but professional apps like Snapseed, Lightroom, or VSCO offer advanced options. Consider researching these options to optimize your digital art before posting.
Once you’re happy with your edits, tap “Next.”
Step 4: Writing a Description and Posting Your Artwork
You’re almost there! Now, you need to add captions, hashtags, and other details:
- Write a meaningful caption. You might want to explain your artwork, share your inspiration, the time you spent creating it, or the message you want to convey. Feel free to use emojis to express your emotions and make your post more engaging. 😁
- Include relevant hashtags. These help others find your artwork, and the more related hashtags you use, the higher the chances your posts get discovered.
- You can also tag people, add reminders, indicate your location, or share your post on other social platforms.
Pro Tip: Hashtags are powerful on Instagram. They help users follow trending topics of interest. Therefore, consider using digital art-related hashtags to connect and share your ideas with fellow creators.
Finally, tap “Share” in the upper right corner. Voila! Your digital artwork is now live on Instagram.
Congratulations! You’ve just learned how to post digital art on Instagram. It’s quite straightforward, isn’t it? Now, you’re all set to share your creative pieces and attract attention to your talents.