Do you often use WhatsApp to make a video (or voice) call to your friends, family or maybe even your colleagues? If so, you may have felt the need to record that WhatsApp call at some point in order to preserve memories or save an important chat for later reference. Unfortunately, the Meta-owned chat platform does not natively support the video (or voice) call recording feature. But do not worry ! There are a few workarounds. Keep reading to learn how you can record WhatsApp video calls with audio on your Android or iOS mobile phone.
Disclaimer : Recording phone calls is not necessarily legal or ethical. So be sure to ask permission from the person(s) on the other end of the call before recording it.
Record WhatsApp Video Call with Audio
Undoubtedly, the best way to record WhatsApp video call with audio is to use the built-in screen recording feature available on most iPhones and some Android devices. If your smartphone does not have one, you will need to use a third-party screen recording app that is compatible with your device.
How to Record WhatsApp Video Call on Android
If you are an Android phone user then you need a capable screen recording app – either native or third-party – to record a call whatsapp video.
Use phone’s built-in screen recorder
Latest mobile phones running Android 10 and above come with built-in screen recorder. All you need to do is follow this simple 3-step process:
- Open your phone’s screen recorder from the dashboard or quick settings menu.
- Tap the Settings icon and under Sound Source, select the option to record screen with microphone sound.
- Press the record button before making the WhatsApp video call (or during) and stop it when you are done.
Using a third-party screen recording app
If your smartphone is running stock Android or doesn’t have a built-in screen recorder, don’t worry. You can download a third-party screen recording app like XRecorder or AZ Screen Recorder from the Google Play store and install it on your Android device to get a recording of your WhatsApp video call. Here is how to do it:
- Once you have installed the screen recording app on your phone, open it and grant all necessary permissions like camera, microphone, etc.
- Choose from the recording options and press the red button to start screen recording.
- Now go to WhatsApp and make the video call. You can stop recording during or after the call as you wish.
Note : If you are using a screen recording app, your recorded video call may not have sound because Google has banned all third-party apps from recording calls.
How to Record WhatsApp Video Call on iPhone
For iPhone users, it is quite easy and simple to record WhatsApp video call since Apple added the inbuilt screen recording feature in all its devices with iOS 11 and above. No third-party app needed! Just follow the steps below to use this iPhone feature:
- Swipe down your iPhone home screen to access the screen recording feature from Control Center. If you can’t find the option, go to Settings > Control Center and add Screen Recording to the list of active controls.
- Tap the screen recording icon. It will take 3 seconds for the screen recording button to turn red, indicating that recording has started.
- Now launch WhatsApp and make the video call you want to record. When the call is over, press the button again to stop recording.
Note : Make sure the microphone is on and the call volume is set to maximum in order to record the best possible audio quality.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Where to find WhatsApp video call recordings?
If you use the built-in screen recording feature, your WhatsApp video call recording will be saved to Photos if you’re using an iPhone and to Gallery for Android users, by default. To access third-party app recordings, open the app and you will find the file there.
Can we record a WhatsApp call on a desktop computer?
Just like on a mobile phone, you can easily record WhatsApp video calls with sound on Windows and macOS PCs and laptops. All you need is a good screen recording tool.
How to record WhatsApp voice calls?
There are many call recording apps available on the Google Play Store; however, Google has banned all of these apps from recording internal audio. For people using the latest Android phones and iOS devices with iOS 11 and above, the best way to record WhatsApp voice call is to simply use the built-in screen recording feature.