In recent years, TikTok has become the go-to platform for bite-sized entertainment, achieving the status of the most downloaded app in 2021. However, understanding the ins and outs of this dynamic platform can be a bit tricky, especially for newcomers. One popular feature often explored by TikTokers is reversing video clips, a trend that can be achieved using another popular social media app – Snapchat. Here’s how you can jump on this trend.
Getting Started: Download the TikTok Video
To reverse a TikTok video using Snapchat, the first step is downloading the video you want to modify. There are two ways to accomplish this:
Option 1: Download Directly from TikTok
- If the TikTok user has enabled video downloads, click on the “Share” icon below the video you want to download.
- You should see an option to “Save video”. Click on it to download the video to your smartphone gallery.
Option 2: Use Screen Recording
If the TikTok user has disabled video downloads, you’ll need to resort to the screen recording feature on your smartphone.
- Start screen recording on your device.
- Open the TikTok video you want to reverse and let it play till the end.
- Once the video finishes, stop the screen recording. The recorded video will automatically save in your smartphone gallery.
The Reversing Process: Upload and Edit on Snapchat
With the video downloaded, you’re ready to reverse it using Snapchat. Here’s a simple step-by-step guide:
- Open Snapchat and sign in.
- Navigate to the Memories section of your Snapchat account by clicking on the “Gallery” button located next to the “Capture” button.
- Tap on “Camera Roll” and select your downloaded TikTok video.
- Once the video is selected, click on “More options” (represented by a three-dot icon in the lower-right corner of the screen).
- Select “Edit Snap”.
- Swipe right until you find the “Rewind” filter, and apply it to your video.
- Finally, select “Save as a copy”. Your reversed TikTok video is now saved in your phone’s gallery.
Remember that Snapchat only allows reversing for videos 10 seconds or less. For longer videos, you may consider other methods.
Alternatives for Longer TikTok Videos
If your TikTok video exceeds 10 seconds, don’t worry! Here are some alternative options:
Reverse Video App
This free video editing app is excellent for any type of video, including TikTok clips. Its intuitive interface comes with various video editing functions, including a reverse video effect. Upload your video, select the reverse function under “Effects”, and you’re good to go.
Filme Lite App
Another worthy mention is Filme Lite. This feature-rich app allows you to trim videos, adjust noise levels, add background music, and reverse videos, making it a great choice for Apple users. Simply download the app, upload your TikTok video, and edit it to your liking!
Mastering TikTok doesn’t have to be intimidating. Learning how to reverse a video on Snapchat from TikTok only takes a few simple steps. With a little bit of practice, you can join the trend and start sharing your unique reversed videos on TikTok in no time!
How can I upload videos to TikTok?
Uploading videos to TikTok is straightforward. Open your TikTok app, select the video you want to upload, tap on the “share” icon, and finally select “Save Video”. However, this option only works if the video uploader has enabled video downloading.
Can I reverse a TikTok video on Snapchat?
Yes, you can reverse a TikTok video using Snapchat. Download the TikTok video, upload it to Snapchat, and apply the “Rewind” filter.
How long does it take to reverse a TikTok video on Snapchat?
Generally, it shouldn’t take more than five minutes to download a TikTok video and apply Snapchat’s “Rewind” filter.