Wix, a popular website builder, offers a plethora of customization options for your website. One common issue users face is having a page that’s too long, resulting in unnecessary white space. This article will guide you through the steps to effectively shorten the page length on Wix, ensuring a more streamlined and professional appearance for your site.
Steps to Shorten Your Wix Page Length
- Identifying the Issue: Before making any changes, it’s essential to identify where the extra length is coming from. This could be due to white space in the middle of your page or even after the footer.
- Adjusting Section Heights: Navigate to the Wix editor and select the section you wish to adjust. Look for the double-ended arrows between sections or between the section and the footer. By clicking and dragging these arrows, you can adjust the height of the section, effectively reducing the white space.
- Deleting Unwanted Sections: If there’s a section you no longer need, simply select it. You can then either right-click and choose ‘Delete’ or press the ‘Delete’ key on your keyboard. This action will remove the section entirely from your page.
- Managing Footer Space: Sometimes, the footer might have unnecessary space, even if all elements are at its top. Again, use the double-ended arrows to adjust the footer’s height. Dragging it up will snap it to the bottom-most element, removing any extra space.
- Previewing Changes: After making these adjustments, it’s always a good idea to preview your page. This will give you an idea of how it looks in a browser window. If there’s still white space at the bottom, consider adding more content or adjusting existing elements to extend the page to the bottom of most browsers.
Ensuring your Wix page has the right length is crucial for a professional look and user-friendly experience. By following the steps mentioned above, you can easily adjust your page length, eliminating any unwanted white space. Remember, the key is to strike a balance – you don’t want your page to be too short or too long, but just right for your content and design.