What is Figma?
Figma is a popular design tool that allows users to create, collaborate, and share their designs in real-time. It offers both a browser version and a desktop app, making it accessible for various users. The best part? You can start using Figma for free!
Step 1: Accessing the Figma Landing Page
To begin your Figma journey, click on the link provided in the video description or the top comment. This link will direct you to Figma’s landing page. Here, you’ll notice a prominent button labeled “Get Started for Free.”
Step 2: Choosing a Sign-Up Method
Once you click the “Get Started for Free” button, you’ll be presented with two options:
- Continue with Google: This is a quick and convenient method. By clicking this option, you can sign in instantly if you’re already logged into your Google account.
- Sign Up with Email: If you prefer using an email, whether it’s Gmail or a business email, enter it along with a password of your choice.
Step 3: Confirming Your Email
After entering your email and password, you’ll be prompted to agree to Figma’s mailing list. This is optional, and you can uncheck the box if you’d rather not receive marketing emails from Figma. Once done, create your account.
Next, open your email inbox. You should find an email from Figma asking you to verify your email address. Click on the provided link to confirm your email and proceed with the sign-up process.
Step 4: Personalizing Your Figma Experience
Upon confirming your email, Figma will guide you through a series of questions to tailor your experience. These questions include:
- The nature of your work.
- How you plan to use Figma primarily.
Feel free to skip any non-required questions and hit “Next.” If you work with a team, Figma gives you the option to invite collaborators. However, this step can be postponed by selecting “Do it later.”
Step 5: Choosing a Plan
Figma offers various plans to cater to different user needs:
- Professional Plan: This plan provides unlimited files, projects, shareable team libraries, and unlimited version history. It costs $12 per month per editor.
- Free Plan: Ideal for beginners, this plan grants you unlimited files and drafts. However, organization is limited as you can’t categorize your files. Each project allows up to three design files. Additionally, you gain access to FigJam, a whiteboard tool.
Step 6: Starting Your Design Journey
Once you’ve selected a plan, you can immediately begin designing in Figma’s browser version. If you’re interested in the desktop version, navigate to the Figma dropdown and select “Desktop App” to download it.
Step 7: Exploring Your Profile and Settings
On the top right corner of the Figma interface, you’ll find your profile. Clicking on it reveals a dropdown menu where you can access “Help” and “Account.” Here, you can explore your account settings, view plans, and even upgrade if needed.
Signing up for Figma is a straightforward process. Whether you’re a design professional or a beginner, Figma offers a range of features to enhance your design experience. So, why wait? Dive into the world of Figma and unleash your creativity!