Bitmojis offer a delightful way to add a personal touch to your Snapchat profile. They provide you the ability to craft a unique avatar that best represents you. Not only can you add a Bitmoji to your profile, but you can also use Bitmoji stickers in your snaps, and even create animated 3D Bitmojis. This post will guide you through these tasks in simple steps.
Crafting and Adding a Bitmoji to Your Snapchat Profile
To make use of Bitmojis, you first need to create one. Below are the step-by-step instructions to do so.
Install the Bitmoji App
- Install the Bitmoji application on your device, be it Android or iOS, and open it.
Logging in or Registration
- If you already have a Bitmoji account or an existing Snapchat account, tap Continue with Snapchat.
- If you’re a new user, select Register with Email.
Please note, if you had previously deleted a Bitmoji from Snapchat, it won’t be recoverable, and you’d have to create a new one. Choose your login method wisely.
Create Your Avatar
Now, you’ll need to design your Bitmoji character or avatar.
- You’ll find various options for designing your avatar, such as face shape, hairstyle, eyes, cheek structure, accessories, beard style, and more.
- Enjoy the creative process and design your Bitmoji avatar as you desire.
Linking Your Avatar to Snapchat
After you create your Bitmoji, it will be automatically linked and added to your Snapchat profile if you used the Snapchat login option. If you registered using your email, follow these steps:
- Open Snapchat.
- Tap the ghost icon in the upper left corner.
- Tap the gear icon in the upper right corner.
- In My Account, select Bitmoji.
- Tap Create Bitmoji. This will redirect you to the Bitmoji app.
- If the link opens in a browser, tap Open in the top right to launch the Bitmoji app.
- Then tap Accept and Connect.
At this point, you should see your Bitmoji as your Snapchat profile picture. Congratulations, you’ve successfully added a Bitmoji to your Snapchat!
Add 3D Animated Bitmoji on Snapchat
Animated 3D Bitmojis bring a lively element to your Snapchat profile. Here’s how you can add them:
- Update the Snapchat app to the latest version and open it.
- On the camera screen, switch to rear view mode by double-tapping anywhere on the screen. Note: Animated Bitmoji lenses only support the rear camera.
- Long press the screen and wait for filters to appear.
- Among the filters, you’ll find new 3D Bitmoji filters. Select an animated Bitmoji of your choice.
- Point the camera to where you want the Bitmoji to appear and take a snap.
- Adjust the Bitmoji’s position in the snap using drag and drop if needed.
- Once satisfied, save the video by pressing the capture button.
Remember, you can record and save multiple snaps, up to 60 seconds (6 snaps) at a time.
How to use Bitmoji on Snapchat
Besides using Bitmoji in the profile picture, you can add the stickers in your snaps. Here’s how to do it
There are two ways to add Bitmoji stickers: One is by using the Bitmoji keyboard and the other is by using the snap editing options in Snapchat.
In order to use the Bitmoji Keyboard, you need to add it first.
- Follow the steps given here to add the Bitmoji Keyboard for Android or iPhone.
- Next, open Snapchat and capture a photo or video or upload it from Gallery/Camera Roll as usual.
- To add the Bitmoji through the keyboard, tap on the text option at the top right and switch to the Bitmoji keyboard.
- Tap on the desired Bitmoji and it will be added to the snap.
Using Stickers on Snapchat
This section shows how to use bitmoji on Snapchat as stickers:
- Tap the sticker icon in the edit options.
- Then select the Bitmoji tab at the bottom.
- Tap on the desired Bitmoji to add it.
So now you know how to add bitmoji to Snapchat and how to use them in your snaps.