Nintendo of AmericaClick Buy Now for Updated Price. Estimated Price: $59.99
Splatoon is a multiplayer shooting game that was created by Nintendo. It’s different from other shooting games because the main goal is to cover the battlefield in goo, rather than just defeating opponents. This is done by using special weapons that shoot paint, and the game keeps track of who is winning by showing which team has covered more of the battlefield in their color.
Splatoon 3 is the latest version of the game, and it includes all of the features from the previous versions as well as some new ones. When you first start the game, you will be given a tutorial to learn the basics and then you will be able to explore the hub area, called Splatsville, which is located in a desert area called the Splatlands.
From Splatsville, you can access the single-player campaign, co-op mode, or competitive multiplayer. It might feel a little overwhelming at first because there is a lot to do, but you can take your time to explore and try out different gameplay options.
Play the latest game in the Splatoon series and cover the battlefield in ink. Explore a new desert region called the Splatlands and try out new styles for your characters. Play classic 4v4 Turf Wars with new stages, moves, and weapons. Join Agent 3 in the single-player story mode to fight against the Octarians.
- Single-player campaign is lengthy and offers a variety of challenges
- Campaign story explains the post-apocalyptic squid world and has a creative stage design
- City hub is immersive and has a wealth of multiplayer options
- Traditional competitive mode, Turf War, is frenetic and new stages have more emphasis on verticality
- Game feels more thought out as a competitive game, with tools for top-tier players and a new lobby system
- Enemy design in single-player campaign lacks variety
- Finale of single-player campaign has a sudden spike in difficulty
- Frame rate may drop slightly while exploring the city hub
- Lobby system for multiplayer matches can be confusing for new players
- Some balance issues in multiplayer, with certain weapons feeling overpowered