If you’ve been a regular Snapchat user since its inception in 2011, you know that the social media app has seen huge improvements, especially in terms of functionality and complexity.
In order to balance the stability of the app for regular users while maintaining the progress of the app with the latest features, Snapchat has introduced another version called Snapchat Beta.
Quick Answer: Snapchat Beta allows users to try out new Snapchat features and updates before anyone else. Initially, Snapchat Beta was only available for Android users. But then it was introduced on the iOS platform.
To learn more about Snapchat Beta and how to become a tester, read this article to the end.
Snapchat Beta Preview
As mentioned earlier, Snapchat Beta is a program that allows users to test out new app updates and features before rolling them out to regular users. A beta program is essential to gather information about the new feature’s usability, issues, and bugs.
You can become a Snapchat beta tester on Android or iOS platforms. Snapchat for Android has two publicly available versions. This is the stable version and the beta version. The stable version is the usual Snapchat app, while the Beta version, as explained in this article, offers new features to try out.
Previously it was possible to access Snapchat Beta via a link in the settings menu of the regular Snapchat app. Unfortunately, this link is no longer available. Currently, there are a few more steps you need to take to become a Snapchat beta tester on Android.
We will now look at the steps to become a Snapchat beta tester and how you can opt out when needed.
How to join the Snapchat beta test
You can join the Snapchat beta test on the web, on your Android phone or on your iOS device. Here’s how to do it:
Method 1: On the web
To join the Snapchat beta on the web:
- Go to the Google Play store and open the Snapchat Beta OPT-In link.
- Below the application information, there is a blue button with “Become a Tester”. Click on it.
- Next, tap the download prompt on the page.
- After downloading and installing, the app name should be Snapchat Beta.
Method 2: Sign up on Android
Follow the steps below to sign up for Snapchat Beta on Android:
- Open Google Play Store and enter “Snapchat Beta” in the search bar.
- When the application appears in the search results, click on it.
- Scroll down the page until you see the “Join” option.
- Then, click on the “Join” button. A pop-up window containing a confirmation request is displayed. Click it to confirm.
- Wait until the title of the application includes the word “Beta” to ensure that you are using the updated version. Remember that this process may take a few minutes.
Method 3: Joining on IOS
Follow the steps below to join Snapchat Beta on your iOS device:
- Go to App Store and install the TestFlight app.
- Open this link on your device to join and install Snapchat beta.
After joining Snapchat Beta, you can now see and control new features not yet available to other Snapchat users. For this reason, it would be helpful to join Snapchat Beta communities and pages. It is also essential to leave comments and user reviews on the appropriate pages so that the app developers can improve the functionality and fix any bugs.
Features Available for Snapchat Android Beta Testers
Here are some types of Snapchat features you can expect as a beta tester.
These updates are part of the new version of the application. In general, client-side updates and features are available to all users, but they are not regular.
Server-side A/B testing
Server-side updates provide specific functionality to a limited number of users. When there are server-side updates, some users may claim to have Snapchat features that others do not.
This type of update delivers functionality to a larger percentage of users than server-side updates, but still not to the entire user population.
The main difference between rolling rollouts and server-side testing is that rolling rollouts eventually deliver the feature to all users. On the other hand, it is possible to never receive server-side functionality.
How to Quit Snapchat Beta
Quitting Snapchat Beta is as easy as signing up. Here’s how.
Method 1: On the web
If you signed up for the Snapchat beta on the web, follow the steps below to exit it:
- Go to Google Play Store and open the Snapchat Beta OPT-In link.
- Scroll down the page until you see an “Exit Program” button. Click on it.
- Then press the “Download” link on Google Play.
- By clicking on the link, you will be redirected to a page of the Google Play Store. Next to the Snapchat icon, you will see an “Uninstall” option on this page. Press it.
- You can return to the Google Play Store to download the normal or stable version of Snapchat.
Method 2: On Android
Here’s how to quit Snapchat Beta if you’re using an Android phone:
- Go to Google Play Store and enter “Snapchat” in the search bar.
- Click on the “Snapchat” application in the search results. Probably at the top of the list.
- After clicking on the app, scroll down the page until you see the “Snapchat Beta” section.
- In this section, you will see a “Quit” button. Click on it.
- Leaving Snapchat Beta on your Android device may take some time. If you still see beta features after leaving it, allow time for the process to complete.
Method 3: On iOS
Follow these steps to unsubscribe from Snapchat Beta on iOS devices:
- Open the TestFlight app on your device.
- Select Snapchat.
- Scroll down and press “Stop Testing”, then confirm the action.
- Uninstall Snapchat.
- Reinstall Snapchat.
As you have learned, Snapchat Beta is an exclusive version of Snapchat available for users who want to test updates and features that are not yet available for other users.
Using Snapchat Beta is a great way to help Snapchat app developers assess a feature’s usability, issues, and bugs.
What is the difference between Snapchat Beta and the normal Snapchat app?
Snapchat Beta offers updates and features that are not yet available to other Snapchat users. By signing up for the beta and becoming a tester, you help the developers of the app by providing feedback and feedback on the effectiveness of these features.
How to join Snapchat Beta?
Joining Snapchat Beta is quite simple. Go to Google Play Store and enter “Snapchat Beta” in the search bar. Click on the Snapchat app in the search results. On the app page, scroll down to the Beta section and click on the “Join” option. Then click on the confirmation window.