In the world of TikTok, great content is the key to grabbing the spotlight. Whether you’re dancing, singing, or showcasing your skills, you want your video to be as clear and vibrant as your performance. However, sometimes the videos you upload might turn out blurry or pixelated, and that’s when you think, “Why are my TikTok videos blurry?” Before you feel like giving up on TikTok, let’s explore some reasons for this problem and how to fix it.
Why Are My TikTok Videos Blurry?
It’s easy to blame the blurry videos on your phone’s camera. You might think that your smartphone’s camera isn’t good enough, but that’s not the only cause for blurry TikTok videos.
Did you know that TikTok has the ability to alter the quality of your videos? Yes, you heard it right! Even if the video looks blurry on your phone, it may appear perfectly fine on someone else’s device. So, it’s not just your phone, but TikTok that can cause the blur.
Don’t worry though, we’ll help you understand why this is happening and show you how to fix it.
Why Does TikTok Make My Videos Blurry?
Reason 1: Your Device’s Screen Resolution
TikTok adjusts the quality of your videos based on your device’s screen resolution. TikTok’s maximum video resolution is 1080p. If you upload a 4K video, TikTok will automatically reduce it to 1080p.
How to avoid this? Simply resize your video to 1080p before uploading it to TikTok.
Reason 2: Different Video Specifications
When you upload a video that you captured on your phone or downloaded from your library, TikTok modifies the quality of the video to match its own specifications. This could be a reason your videos look blurry after uploading.
What’s the solution? Record videos directly in TikTok or ensure that the videos you capture on your phone meet TikTok’s specifications.
Reason 3: Server Capacity
The capacity of TikTok’s servers can also affect the quality of your videos. Downloading and storing high-quality videos requires a lot of processing power, which might impact the video’s quality.
What can you do about this? Unfortunately, not much, as it’s a limitation of the TikTok platform.
How Can I Improve The Quality Of My TikTok Videos?
Here are two methods to help you improve the quality of your TikTok videos:
Method 1: Record and Download High-Quality Video Files
To improve the quality of your TikTok videos, you’ll need to adjust the recording and download settings.
- Video Recording: A resolution of 1080p and 30 frames per second (fps) is perfect for recording high-quality TikTok videos. In low light conditions, 720p or even 480p can be sufficient. Remember to use the rear camera of your phone for recording, as it has a better resolution than the front camera.
- Video Editing: Avoid editing your TikTok video in the app as it may cause a decrease in quality. Edit your video before uploading it to TikTok to maintain its quality.
- Video Download: With a strong internet connection, you can download your video in high quality. If you think your phone might not download the video properly, try using a web browser for TikTok.
While downloading, follow these steps:
- Tap the “+” icon in your TikTok app.
- Click “Create” and then “Upload” to select the video you want to upload.
- Add any animations, text, filters, or effects to your video.
- After clicking “Next”, add your caption and hashtags.
- Choose “More options” and enable the “Allow high-quality downloads” setting.
- Go back to the post settings and tap “Publish” to upload your high-quality TikTok video.
Method 2: Watch High-Quality Videos by Changing App Settings
Sometimes, blurry TikTok videos aren’t due to uploading issues but the app’s settings. Here’s how to adjust them:
- Open the TikTok app on your phone.
- Click on the profile icon.
- Tap the three bars in the top right corner.
- Go to “Settings and Privacy.”
- Find the “Data Saver” option and disable it.
- Close the application and stop it from running in the background.
- Reopen the application for the new settings to take effect.
Wrapping It Up
Blurry TikTok videos can be a downer, but with a bit of tweaking, you can ensure your videos come out in excellent quality. Don’t let blurry videos stop you from creating amazing content on TikTok. With this guide, you’re all set to upload high-quality videos and enjoy the TikTok experience to its fullest.
Why are my TikTok posts blurry?
Your TikTok videos might be blurry due to a low-resolution camera or the app’s Data Saver setting. You can disable the Data Saver function to enjoy high-quality videos.
What is the resolution of TikTok videos?
The maximum resolution for TikTok videos is 1080p. If you upload a video of a higher resolution, it will appear blurry. Edit your videos to 1080p or less before uploading them to maintain their quality.