Your guide to obtaining Turkish citizenship by buying a property in Turkey
Do you Think of buying a property in Turkey? Okay! In fact, many are thinking about this because Turkey has become today an attractive country for tourists and international investments in the past few years, Thanks to its flexible policy of granting citizenship without administrative and legal difficulties and obstacles, And because it is a pivotal country linking Asia, Europe and the Middle East, it is an economically strategic and important region for businessmen and men who wish to invest Or those who want to settle and own it.
Among the facilities provided by the Turkish government to those who want to obtain Turkish citizenship by real estate ownership is to reduce the minimum price for buying a property in Turkey to 250 thousand dollars instead of one million dollars according to conditions such as not selling the property for three years and that the transfer is by bank transfer from inside Turkey or outside Turkey. . read more.
Ways to obtain Turkish citizenship
You can obtain Turkish citizenship in one of these ways:
- Depositing an amount of 500 thousand dollars or its equivalent of gold or silver for a period of at least 3 years in a Turkish bank without withdrawing or modifying the amount during this period.
- Buying a property in Turkey with a value of at least 250,000 USD (the topic of our article today)
- Creating 50 job opportunities for Turkish citizens for a period of no less than 6 months in your company.
- If you are a foreigner working in Turkey legally according to a work contract and a work stay for a period of 5 years without legal violations and without interruptions outside Turkey exceeding 180 days during which.
- Marriage to a Turkish citizen for men and a Turkish citizen for women with residence in Turkey for a period of 3 years.
- Having an Ottoman lineage and providing the documents required to prove Turkish assets.
Exceptions to obtaining Turkish citizenship via Buying a property in Turkey
- If you are Moroccan, you will not be allowed to buy agricultural lands, you are only allowed to buy offices and apartments.
- Obtaining Turkish citizenship for Syrians by buying a property is not possible.
- Obtaining Turkish citizenship for a Syrian-Palestinian by buying a property is not possible.
Notice: It is rumored that it is possible to obtain Turkish citizenship for Syrians by establishing a limited company (exclusively) and buying a property in the name of the company as well, We consulted a specialist in nationality matters, Mr. Muhammad Al-Zaeem, and he assured us that this is not possible and that what is being circulated is mere rumors or a fraudulent method to obtain money.
The alternative solution for the Syrian is to deposit $ 500,000 and seize it in the bank for a period of 3 years and apply for Turkish citizenship immediately after the deposit.
Arab nationalities who are allowed to own a property in Turkey
- A Palestinian who holds Lebanese, Iraqi, or Egyptian documents, or a Palestinian Authority passport.
- Algerians, Libyans and all the countries of the Maghreb.
- Iraqis, Jordanians, Lebanese, Egyptians and Sudanese.
- Qataris, Saudis and all countries of the Gulf Cooperation Council.
Advantages of Turkish citizenship and Turkish passport
- When buying a property in Turkey, you will not only obtain Turkish citizenship, You can even decide to reside there permanently because it is considered a developed country.
- Renting the property with an amount that guarantees you returns covering the price of the property over 15 years if you live in another country.
- The advantages of the Turkish passport are great, as it is a strong passport, It is ranked 36th internationally and allows you to travel to 71 countries without the need for a visa. And with a visa issued upon arrival at the airport for 44 other countries.
- Among the most powerful countries that a Turkish passport allows you to enter: Japan, Malaysia, Diameter.
- Among the countries that you will enter with a visa issued upon arrival at the airport: Australia, Kuwait, Oman.
- Turkey is among the most economically powerful G20 in the world.
- Education prices in Turkey are very low and the quality of education is good compared to most Arab countries.
- Your family members will also have the right to acquire Turkish citizenship by owning (children under 18 years old).
- You will have complete freedom to choose the type of real estate you want to own “residential buildings,” Shops, Agricultural lands ”
The law on obtaining Turkish citizenship by real estate ownership
According to the new naturalization law in Turkey issued on September 18, 2018 and according to Article No. 1 of Presidential Decree No. 106 according to Article 46 of the Turkish Citizenship Law 5901, the Turkish Nationality Law issued in 2010, specifically Clause B, reduced the minimum for buying a property in Turkey from one million To $ 250,000 USD.
Conditions for obtaining Turkish citizenship by owning
- The transfer of ownership or sale of the property is prohibited for a period of 3 years from the date of its purchase.
- Real estate Turkish citizenship can be requested when purchasing a property under construction.
- If you bought a property after the year 2017, you will not have to provide bank receipts proving that you purchased a property in Turkey through the bank and paid the full amount of the property.
- If you have real estate that you owned after 2018 by purchasing a property in Turkey in installments and started paying its dues after January 2017, it will entitle you to obtain citizenship.
- The real estate appraisal report (TAPU) is valid for no more than 3 months, taking into account that the valuation price is not greater than the property value, even with the existence of VAT.
- If you get the property and it becomes yours, you can apply for Turkish real estate citizenship after the ownership of the property is transferred to you or during the ownership transfer procedures.
- If you purchased a property from a contractor who is building the project, then request a document indicating the existence of a relationship between the property owner and the project owner.
- Your purchase of a property in Turkey is not limited to buying it from a Turkish citizen only, but also from a foreigner, on the condition that there is no relationship between you.
- If the property is mortgaged, this must be declared within a period not exceeding 5 days after purchasing the property, and it is recommended that it be prior to owning the property.
- If you or one of your relatives owns a company registered in Turkey, it is forbidden for you to buy the property from this company.
- The property purchase amount is not transferred through agencies.
- Anyone who wants to buy additional real estate in Turkey has the right to do so at any time.
Is it possible to obtain Turkish citizenship when buying a property in Turkey in installments?
- You can only submit an application to obtain Turkish citizenship by owning after you have paid all dues for buying a property in Turkey in installments.
- Go to the real estate department “TAPU” and ask for a Kat Irtifaki easement document that will prove your ownership of the property under construction, Which will later become a title deed after the completion of the building and construction works and the approval of the Turkish municipality’s housing directorate after being examined by construction and real estate experts.
- Then a letter of conformity and authentication of Uygun Bilgisi will be sent, confirming that the purchased property conforms to the regulations and conditions of the Turkish Citizenship Law.
Added tax on real estate in Turkey
The property sale tax in Turkey ranges between 1% and 8% of the property’s value, depending on its type, and is imposed on the seller based on the sale amount recorded in the property sale contract.
Cases exempt from paying the added tax on real estate in Turkey
According Law No. 6824 :
- The property must be residential or commercial and not a plot of land.
- The person who is going to sell you the property may own it for a full 5 years.
- To be the first to own the property, as he either built it or bought it directly from a construction company “to ensure that he is not a realtor.”
- The buyer must be a non-Turkish and not residing in Turkey for a period exceeding 180 days.
The papers required for naturalization in Turkey By purchasing a property ?
- birth certificate.
- Recent, clear personal photos.
- The criminal record document (to not judge him) is extracted from the court in Turkey.
- An unexpired passport translated into the Turkish language and certified in Turkey by a notary.
- Payment receipt proving that you have paid $ 250,000 or more with the bank’s stamp.
- If you buy a property in Turkey through the bank, provide receipts with the seal of the receiving bank proving that the property seller has received the full amount from you.
- You must provide a copy of the tapu, i.e. the title deed of the property that you have purchased.
- The real estate appraisal report, not exceeding three months, from the Tapu Department.
- Make 2 copies of the Turkish Naturalization Application Agency.
- If you have children under the age of 18 and a wife, you must provide the documents required for naturalization in Turkey, such as: Marriage contract and all necessary papers such as birth certificates, passports and photos of family members.
- We recommend that you seek the assistance of an immigration attorney or real estate expert in order to avoid errors in submitting the documents required for naturalization in Turkey by purchasing a property.
Steps to obtain Turkish citizenship through Buying a property in Turkey For foreigners
Steps to do:
- Submit it to one of the specialized companies legally approved by the Turkish Financial Markets Authority, whose mission is to prepare evaluation reports for real estate in Turkey.
- Submit a seizure request on the property that you bought for the next three years in the Land Registry Directorate, which is the Land Registry Directorate.
- Now you will have to apply to the Immigration Directorate (Göç İdaresi) to obtain an investment residence certificate.
- Confirm the application and approve it at the Ministry of Urbanism.
- Go to the Souls Authority and submit your application for Turkish citizenship.
The duration of the naturalization stages in Turkey that the file is going through
After knowing the documents required for naturalization in Turkey by ownership, Here are the stages that your request will go through in the interests of the state, in order:
- After applying to the Souls Department, your file will be studied and then sent to the General Authority for Souls in Ankara.
- If your file is free of errors and deficiencies, it will be transferred to the security and intelligence services to conduct a security study about it.
- After that, the file will be returned to the General Directorate of Civil Affairs in Ankara, which will in turn transfer the file to the Ministry of the Interior.
- The Ministry of Interior will transfer the file to the Presidency of the Republic for approval and approval.
- If your file passes these steps, you will have acquired Turkish citizenship by owning.
- The period for obtaining Turkish real estate citizenship takes a minimum of three months and a maximum of 6 months.
And as We said that Turkey is a beautiful country, its nature is beautiful, its countryside is charming, its climate is varied, and it is a country that is large in size and has many ethnicities. And it has great incentive administrative facilities for investors, Therefore, the papers required for naturalization in Turkey by purchasing a property are not a complicated matter, That is why buying a property in Turkey is considered beneficial not only to obtain citizenship but because the real estate market in Turkey is an excellent market to invest in, especially leasing.
Obtaining Turkish citizenship by owning is not difficult if you are able to buy a property and agree to the conditions for obtaining Turkish real estate citizenship, If we compare Turkey with other countries, we will find the cost of the property required to obtain citizenship is very low, and the Turkish passport is stronger than the passports of those countries.
For more information and details, and download the application form for naturalization in Turkey, to you, the official website Turkish Ministry of Foreign Affairs
If you have other inquiries or consultations, do not hesitate to contact us on WhatsApp