Want to stop managing a Facebook page because you’ve found more important tasks to attend to? Yes, we understand that Facebook Pages can demand a lot of attention, but sometimes it’s good to step back and learn the steps to remove yourself from Facebook Page Management!
Quick answer: The process is quite simple. You have to go to the “Settings” and modify your “Page Roles”. Adjust the settings and click “remove”, and now you are no longer the administrator of the Facebook page.
In today’s article, we will provide you with a step-by-step guide that will help you stop managing your Facebook account. Let’s dive into the article and find out the easiest steps!
How to Stop Managing Pages on Facebook
This process is actually very straightforward and won’t take up much of your time. We recommend that you follow all the steps in order to avoid any issues and achieve your goal of stepping away from Facebook page management quickly and easily.
Here are the steps:
- Go to the Facebook website and enter your credentials.
- Once you are logged into your account, click on the three horizontal lines.
- You will now see the interface where many options are present.
- Scroll down and find “Pages”. Once you find it, click on it.
- Here you will see all the pages you manage. Select the page you no longer want to manage.
- In the corner, you’ll see several options related to this page. Find “Page Roles” among them.
- In this section, you will find options that are crucial for managing a Facebook page. Scroll down the page and find your profile name under the admin option.
- Slide the page slightly to the left and you will find the “Edit” option next to the name of the administrator profile. Click on it.
- You will see a “Delete” button under your name. Click this button.
- You are now no longer the admin of the selected Facebook page, and you cannot manage it from now on! Cheers!
Note: Make sure that there is at least one other administrator besides you; otherwise, you will not be able to relinquish management of the page.
How to make someone else the administrator of your Facebook page?
As you are currently the admin of the page, you can easily add someone else to the admin roles. Adding admins to Facebook Pages is a straightforward process. Let’s begin!
- Go to Facebook and log in to your account.
- Navigate to your account’s newsfeed. You will see three horizontal lines at the top of the page.
- Here you will find several options, but go to the “Pages” tab for now!
- You will see all your Facebook pages at this step.
- Select the page for which you want to add an “administrator”.
- Once you are on the selected page, look on the left side of the screen, find “Settings” and click on it.
- Scroll down to find “Page Roles” in this section.
- Once you reach “Page Roles”, you will find a bar to add the email address or profile name. Here, you will add the profile name of the person you want to pass the page management to.
- Add the name of the future administrator of this page.
- At the end of this bar, you can see the roles. Change the roles and select “Admin”.
- Press the “Add” button, and the request will be sent to the user.
Note: The request will remain pending until the person you added to the role of administrator accepts this responsibility. Afterwards, they will start appearing in the Admins section at the end of the page.
That concludes today’s article. We hope it was beneficial for you and assisted in changing your Facebook administrator. Once you add another admin to the Facebook page, you can easily remove yourself from admin roles, and consequently, you won’t need to manage the page anymore.
How do I change the person who manages my Facebook page?
To modify or assign a new owner to a Facebook page, navigate to the “news feed” of your profile, then click on the menu with three horizontal lines. Next, open your page and visit its settings. Click on “Page Transparency”, followed by “Assign”. Choose a disclaimer or search for a verified maintainer, and there you go!
How can I get rid of Facebook Business Manager?
Navigate to the business information of your account. Although there’s a lot of information about your account, you don’t need to read all of it! Simply scroll down and select “Permanently Delete Business”, and you’re done!
Can a publisher remove an administrator from the Facebook page?
The role of a publisher in a Facebook company is the second most authoritative role. A publisher can perform everything an admin can, except manage settings and other related page roles. Therefore, a publisher cannot remove an administrator from a Facebook page.
Can I separate my professional page from my personal account?
Yes, you can separate your professional page from your personal Facebook account. However, you will need a personal profile to create a business page. Additionally, you have the option to block people from seeing that you are the admin of a specific Facebook business page.