Understanding these Instagram limits is essential if you’re planning to automate your Instagram account. GoStart.Biz is constantly testing the number of interactions you should not exceed to ensure the safety of your account.
The application also automatically regulates the number of actions your account performs to ensure you do not exceed Instagram’s limits.
Do you want to gain more followers? GoStart.Biz is for you, start your trial version today.
Now, let’s delve right into the topic.
Instagram Limits for Established Accounts
Have you had your Instagram account for months or years? If yes, here are the restrictions you need to know:
Instagram “Likes” Limits
- How many “likes” can you make? 120 per hour, or 300-500 per day.
Instagram “Comments” Limits
- 200 per day.
- Do you like or comment on other people’s posts too quickly? Wait for 20 to 30 seconds between each “like” or “comment”. If you go too fast, Instagram might think you are a bot and block you.
- How many accounts can you follow per hour or per day? Approximately 10 new subscriptions per hour, 100-150 per day. You can use the GoStart.Biz to make sure you don’t exceed the Instagram follow limit.
Maximum Follow Limit
- You can follow a maximum of 7500 accounts.
- Do you want to unfollow certain accounts? Don’t do it all at once. 60 unfollows per hour, approximately 150 accounts per day. If you remove more than 150 per day, your account may be temporarily blocked. To perform this action automatically and without risk to your account, you can use the .
Combined Actions Limit
- “Combined actions” are the combination of likes, comments, follow, unfollows, and messages. Instagram generally sets a limit on the total number of actions you can take in one day. This limit is approximately 500 per day.
Direct Messages Limit
- How often can you send Instagram messages? How many direct messages (DM) can you send? 50-70 per day.
Here are some tips for not getting blocked because of DMs:
- Don’t send exactly the same text to multiple people.
- Create different textual versions of the same message. You can use the GoStart.Biz’s spintax system for this.
- Send personalized messages. This will also boost your engagement rate.
- If you receive many DMs, try responding to them in batches (some in the morning, in the middle of the day, and in the afternoon, for example, to avoid getting blocked by the action).
Instagram Post Limit
- How many posts can you publish on Instagram in a day? Instagram has not revealed a limit. You can post as many times as you want during the day. However, we recommend that you leave time between each post (a few minutes, or even hours). If you post too much content at once, Instagram’s algorithm might think you are a spam account and could temporarily block your account. If you choose to post automatically on Instagram, be sure to schedule your posts at least 5 minutes apart.
User Tagging Limit
- How many people can you tag in your post? For a single post: 20 people per photo. For carousel content: 35 users per image.
- How many hashtags can you use on Instagram? 30 hashtags per post.
Post Removal Limit
- Do you want to delete posts from your feed? At the moment, there is no limit to the number of images you can delete from the social network at once.
Instagram Limits for New Accounts
Have you just created a brand new Instagram account? Instagram wants to ensure that new accounts are not spam or Instagram bots. You will therefore have stricter limits in using your new profile.
These rules are therefore important to keep Instagram accounts authentic.
If you have a new account:
- Go slowly.
- Time your actions: Wait for 30 to 50 seconds between each action.
- Delay between posts: To be safe, do not post more than 5 times a day. We recommend waiting 10 to 15 minutes between each post (or a few hours). If you want to be even safer, only post one content per day.
- Total number of combined actions: 500 actions per day. This includes subscriptions, likes, and unfollows.
- Direct message limits: 20 to 50 DMs per day. After 4 weeks, you can speed up and send more DMs.
Of course, this somewhat peculiar use is automatically handled by the GoStart.Biz system.
Instagram Stories Limits
Let’s now talk about the limits of Instagram Stories on the platform.
- Number of Instagram Stories: 100 per day.
- Duration of Instagram Stories: 60 seconds per video (Instagram will automatically cut the video if you exceed).
- Dimensions of Instagram Stories: 1080 by 1920px.
Instagram Highlight Stories Limits
The Highlights are the circle located under your Instagram bio. They allow users to view stories that you have saved as a theme story. This is particularly one of the best features for engaging your subscribers on your Instagram page.
- Title of highlight stories: 12 characters.
- Number of Highlights you can create: Unlimited.
- Maximum number of stories per Highlight: 100.
Instagram Account Profile Limits
Here are some other useful limits and rules on Instagram:
- Username: 30 characters.
- Instagram Bio: 150 characters.
- Dimension of a square post: 1080 by 1080px.
- Portrait publication dimensions: 1080 x 1350px.
- Landscape content dimensions: 1080 x 608px.
- Maximum feed video duration: 1 hour.
- Maximum duration of the reels video: 1 minute.
- Captions: 2200 characters.
- Instagram account limit: 5 connected accounts.
Why Does Instagram Set These Limits?
To limit spam and fake accounts.
Spams and fake accounts like, comment on photos, and generally send a lot of messages, quickly. Regardless of the comfort of other users on the social network.
The Instagram algorithm therefore wants to remove them to keep only real people using the platform.
That’s specifically why the social network can put blocks on your profile.
What Happens If You Exceed Instagram’s Daily Limits?
Two things can happen:
- Action Blocking: You may see a pop-up message that says “Try again later”. This means that your action is blocked.
- Account Deletion: Your account could be deleted / temporarily or indefinitely banned. In this case, a reactivation form can be performed.
How to Avoid Being Blocked or Banned?
Here are 4 tips you can do to avoid Instagram blocking:
- Step 1. Slow Down : Don’t do too many actions too quickly. For example, don’t like and comment every 30 seconds. Otherwise, you won’t look like a human.
- Step 2. Space Out Your Instagram Tasks : Many of you have your own business and may not want to spend a lot of time on Instagram. If you can, try due to rate limiting.