Beyerdynamic headphones are renowned for their outstanding audio quality and reliable performance. However, despite their quality and benefits, they do present certain issues that can affect the user experience. In this article, we will address the most common problems with Beyerdynamic headphones and how to fix them.
1. Beyerdynamic Lagoon ANC Issue
The Beyerdynamic Lagoon ANC is a highly popular audio product that offers exceptional audio quality. However, it can sometimes encounter Bluetooth connection issues, leading to frequent disconnections and compromised audio quality. Here are the steps to fix this issue:
- Ensure your computer’s drivers are up-to-date.
- Make sure your device and the headphones are within range of each other and not obstructed by objects.
- Restart your device and headphones.
- Clear the list of Bluetooth devices associated with your device and re-pair your headphones.
- Check that the headphone’s firmware is up-to-date. The latest version, if available, can be found on the manufacturer’s website.
To update your headphone’s firmware:
- Download the Beyerdynamic update.
- Install the software.
- Follow the instructions displayed on your screen.
If the Bluetooth connection issue persists after trying the above steps, your headphones may be defective. You can contact the brand’s technical support or approach your retailer.
2. Beyerdynamic MMX-300 Issue
Users of the Beyerdynamic MMX-300 often report poor audio quality. One of the main causes of this issue is the use of outdated drivers. Therefore, you should first check their driver version, then if necessary, download and install the most recent version.
Another possible cause is damaged or poor-quality cables that diminish transmission quality. Examine the condition of your cables and replace them, especially if they are damaged.
Incorrect bass/treble settings on your device can also cause a sound quality issue on your Beyerdynamic MMX-300. You can disable or reset all sound enhancements activated on your device, then enable them one by one to determine the level of improvement your headphones can handle.
3. Beyerdynamic MMX-300 2nd Generation Issue
Several users of the Beyerdynamic MMX-300 2nd Generation complain about a microphone issue. Here are some checks to make before contacting Beyerdynamic’s customer service:
- Ensure the cable is correctly inserted into the jack: unplug the cable, then push it firmly into the jack port.
- Do not use the 6.35 mm jack adapter on a 4-pin cable: this adapter is only compatible with the 3-pin jack.
- Make sure the listening level on your sound settings is sufficient: on your PC, press Win + R, then type the command “mmsys.cpl”. In the “Recording” tab that appears, right-click on the active microphone (the one on the headphones), then go to “Properties”. In the “Level” tab, ensure that the microphone level is high enough, and that the microphone amplifier is at least 10 dB.
- Test your headphones and their microphone on another device: if the microphone works correctly on another device, the problem is definitely on your PC. In this case, perform all the required checks at the level of your PC’s driver and the various settings.
4. Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro Low Sound Issue
Do you own a Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro and notice that the sound is low? Here are some tips to help you optimize the sound of your headphones:
- Check the power levels: Ensure that your headphones are receiving enough power. For the Beyerdynamic DT 770 Pro, the optimal level is +4 dB, which is quite high for professional headphones- Check the wiring: Make sure your headphones are correctly wired and the connections are secure. Ensure that the cable is properly connected to the sound card and audio jacks of your computer. Also, check that the cable is properly connected to the back of the headphones. If the cable is damaged, the sound will be low and of poor quality.
- Adjust the audio settings on your computer: Optimize the sound by adjusting the audio settings on your computer. Ensure that your audio driver is up-to-date and that the volume level in the sound settings is high enough.
5. How to Reset Your Beyerdynamic Headphones?
Not all Beyerdynamic headphones appear to offer the ability to perform a reset.
To perform a factory reset of the Beyerdynamic ANC headphones, you must first turn on the headphones. Then, firmly hold the right ear pad, set the switch to the pairing position while sliding your finger back on the touchpad.
Once you hear this tone, your headphones are ready to be paired with another device. You can now connect it to your device and start enjoying your music.
For some other headphones, like the Amiron Wireless, ensure that Wi-Fi is activated, then within 2 seconds press the On button and slide a finger back on the touchpad before releasing the button.