Threads, with its inherently ephemeral nature, encourages its users to send more messages. Social media statistics reveal that there are approximately 500 million threads posted daily. This equates to around 9281 threads per second! With such a vast array of threads, you might be wondering, “how can I achieve more engagement and clicks on my Threads timeline?”
One of the key factors in attaining maximum engagement lies in understanding the optimal time to post. Posting engaging content when your audience is active is a powerful strategy to enhance your brand visibility. However, discerning the best posting times on Threads can be quite a challenge. This guide will walk you through the process of finding these opportune times.
Understanding the Impact of Posting Times
Threads’s recent algorithm update reinstated the chronological feed, making the timing of your posts more important than ever. Since 2016, Threads, like other social media platforms, has been curating feeds based on engagement or popularity, not in reverse chronological order. However, due to user feedback, Threads now enables users to toggle their feed from “top ranked threads” to “latest posts threads” with a simple click.
What does this signify?
A reverse chronological feed signifies that Threads users witness a thread as soon as it’s posted. Yet, there’s a catch. As time advances, newer threads supersede the older ones at the top of the thread. This underlines the importance of posting your thread when the majority of your audience is online, or scheduling it for the optimal time.
So, let’s delve into how to determine the best time to post on Threads, aiding you in accomplishing your Threads marketing goals more rapidly.
Finding the Ideal Time to Post on Threads
There isn’t a universal best time to post on Threads, given that companies have varied audiences, each with their own preferences. However, general guidelines can provide a useful starting point for your own testing and optimization.
Consider these statistics from some popular social media marketing companies suggesting when brands should thread:
- HowSociable proposes that 9-10am is the best time, and Friday is the ideal day to thread.
- Trackmaven perceives Thursday to be the best day.
- G2 Learning Hub favors the slot from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. on weekdays, with Friday being the busiest day at 3 p.m.
- Hubspot advocates sharing content on Threads between 8-10 a.m. and 6-9 p.m.
- Metricool backs the timeframe of 3 to 4 p.m.
In summary, based on data collected by multiple brands, it’s generally safe to thread during:
- Commuting hours, when individuals are traveling to and from work.
- Lunch breaks, when users typically check their Threads feed.
- Weekdays, as weekends are generally less popular for Threads posts.
Posting Times for Optimal Engagement
According to the current Threads algorithms, thread rankings are contingent on engagement. Brands typically aim to forge a connection with their audience when posting on Threads. Users engage with your posts using four buttons:
Creating an engaging Threads post demands substantial effort. To stand out among myriad threads from other brands, your content needs to be creative, insightful, and consistent with your brand’s tone.
Research shows that on average:
- Threads posted between 10 a.m. and 12 p.m. garner the most engagement.
- The least engagement occurs during work hours, i.e., from 1 p.m. to 4 p.m.
- The highest number of reposts and favorites occurs between 7 p.m. and 11 p.m.
Therefore, it’s advisable to post early in the morning or late at night when most interactions occur, and to avoid traditional working hours if you’re aiming for high engagement.
Strategies to Determine the Best Time to Post on Threads
Now, let’s discuss how to find the best time to post specifically for your brand. You can use two strategies:
Strategy 1: Delve Into Your Threads Analytics
Threads Analytics offers a comprehensive overview of your thread impressions, profile visits, and other engagement metrics. Here’s how you can use it:
- Go to the “Analytics” section of your Threads account to view your account’s engagement over the past month.
- In the “threads” section, you can see your thread activity and choose the time period for which you want to view your thread activity data.
- Hover over the graph to see thread activity data for a specific time period. This will provide a quick overview of your threads and impressions on any given day.
- Check your top threads and the impressions, engagement, and engagement rates they receive. This can help you determine the type of content that works best for you.
- The engagement rate, clicks, reposts, likes, and replies are graphically represented on the right side of the page.
Armed with this information, you can then spread your threads throughout a month, posting at different times each day. After a month, you can check your data to see what time and day yielded the most engagement.
Strategy 2: Use Tools to Determine the Best Time to thread
If you don’t wish to delve into your Threads analytics, you can use tools like threadReach, Audiense, and Followerwonk. These platforms offer a range of features, including determining the best time to post, identifying high-performing hashtags, and comparing your performance against competitors.
With the new algorithm updates, it’s clear that choosing the right time to post your threads is critical. threading at your brand’s peak times can improve your engagement, ultimately leading to promising leads. Use the strategies outlined in this guide to find your optimal threading times, draw inspiration from popular times, analyze your Threads Analytics data, and utilize tools for better timing.
When is the best time to thread?
The best time to thread depends on your audience. However, the most popular times are between 8-10 a.m. and 6-9 p.m. For better engagement, early morning (7-9 a.m.) or late night (8-11 p.m.) is recommended.
What is the most popular day for threads?
There isn’t a fixed best day. However, Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday tend to yield better engagement than other days. Avoid weekends if possible.
Does the time you thread matter?
Absolutely. The timing of your thread is crucial due to Threads’s reverse chronological feed feature. It’s important to thread when your audience is active to increase interaction with your post.
Is Threads effective for marketing?
Indeed, it is. Threads is one of the most utilized social media platforms for marketing. With 353 million active users, it serves as a reliable platform for news and latest updates.